Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, March 9, 2015

Back in the Big City

Hola Hola! 

Well, I had to say goodbye to Zona Choluteca. I'm not going to lie, it was pretty hard. There are a lot of people down there in the heat that I love sooo much. I didn't even say goodbye to many of them because it was too sad. I think this was my hardest goodbye. Changes are the WORST part of the whole mission. Pero ni modo... 

I am back in Tegucigalpa, in Zona Valle De Ángeles! That's the Valley of Angels, and it lives up to it's name. It is sooo great here! The ward is super strong. The members are awesome and give us A TON OF FOOD! It's super safe here too, from what I have heard. My new companion is Elder Ruis. He's from Guatemala. He is awesome! We were already friends a little bit from before, and now I think he is going to be one of my favorite companions! He's been showing me the ropes, introducing me to the investigators and the members a little bit. And from what I've seen it is going to be a great place to finish my mission. Wow, I can't believe I just wrote that. Time is flying by!

This week we had a super cool experience. Saturday morning we were invited by one of our investigators to teach a bunch of kids in a service project. We went with two other companionships to a school that was having an open house sort of thing for kids to help keep them off the streets. We taught them about Jonah and the Whale! Haha, it was so much fun! I think they are going to start inviting us to come every week. I got a little taste of what you do every day, Mom! 

As for signing a letter of intent, Mom and Dad I am officially giving you permission to sign on my behalf! I have thought and prayed about it and I feel like that's what I need to do! Stefanie, I'm proud of you for keeping the commandments and not dating until you are sixteen, that's what I'm talking about! Dad, good luck with your track team! Rachel and George, I love you guys! And Mom, thank you for writing me every week! You haven't missed once and that means a lot! I love you. 

Well, that's all for this week! I'm at a computer that can't send pictures, so I'll try to see if i can switch to another one. But if not, I'll send some pictures next week.

Keep the Lord in first place in your life this week! I can't think of a single situation that would go better without His help. 

-Elder Smith 

No comments:

Post a Comment