Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, July 28, 2014

The Church is True!

Hola Hola!

What happened this week? Jaja, sometimes I get to the computer and I really can't remember ANYTHING! But then poco a poco it all comes back. I feel like I give you guys the wrong representation of what really happens in the mission, because you just hear about all the cool things, all the baptisms, all the crazy stories! In reality, it's a ton of work. I work so hard! I spend HOURS in the streets, walking all over the place, knocking on doors, trying to figure out what it is these people need to hear. It's not easy. It's a grind sometimes. But it's so worth it. And it's helped me change a whole lot!

That being said, there were some pretty cool things that happened this week too. We painted a house BRIGHT yellow, jaja, it is such a brilliant color! All the houses here are super bright!  Green, pink, yellow, you name it. It was super fun! Then we painted our faces the colors of our countries! And ate pizza!


This morning we all wrote our testimonies and letters of encouragement. Found a box made out of wood, and put them, and other little things into the box, along with El Libro De Mormón. Then we climbed a mountain in our area and dug a hole. We covered the hole with a GIANT rock, and said a prayer over the rock! It was like Moroni with the plates of gold.  It was a really spiritual experience!



We also went to the temple with our investigators today. That always rocks! We had a family come, Laura y Sabino. I have a lot of faith in them! If you guys could pray for them that would be great! We also have a baptism planned for this Saturday, a guy named Cesar. He is awesome! But he is going to need some prayers too. The people you pray for get baptized! So will you please add them to your list?

That's all from me this week. Be good! The church is true!

-Elder Smith

P.S.: Honduras is beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment