Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, August 4, 2014

Last Week Before Changes

Hola Hola!

This week has been bitter sweet. It is the last week before the change. Tomorrow we are going to get a call, telling us if we have changes.  I don't know if I will have changes or not, but I kinda have that feeling. So everything that we have been doing, all the people that I have been visiting, there has been that thought in the back of my mind saying, "this might be the last time I see you... EVER!"  It's so sad! I love these people! I have grown so much here! I have been so influenced in the last six months that I have spent here in Villa Vieja. And I might just have to leave it all behind in two days...

But apart from that, we had a really good week. We worked super hard! We found a couple of new families that have real potential to accept the gospel. And we also had a baptism! His name is Cesar. He is probably the person that I am most happy to have taught. He challenged us, he asked us questions, he didn't make anything easy. But he finally accepted the gospel. He is eighteen years old, and says that in a year and a month or two, he is going to write me a letter while he is serving his mission! I really do love that kid!


That's really cool, Mom, that you have found all those awesome stories about our ancestors. I really want to start doing family history work when I get back from the mission, and now that you and Stefanie are experts you can help me get started!

Another really big thing that happened is that Presidente Bowler gave us back sports! We are now allowed to play basketball, soccer, volleyball, you name it every P-Day!!!! WOOO haha! Today we played soccer with another zone! It felt soo good!! (: I love that sport so much! Every time I play I feel like I'm catching up with an old friend! And ever since you guys sent me that soccer ball I have been practicing with the ball two times a week for my morning exercise. The love is still there! The dreams are still alive! (: But only in the morning and on P-Day, apart from that there just isn't time, jaja.

I also received a package this week! I again have a camera! I'm still not used to it, and I forget to carry it around to take photos... but I'll get better with time.  And all the snacks I could ever want, jaja! Thank you so much!

 
Well, that's all from me for this week! Thank you so much for your prayers, and for fasting for me. I really can feel the strength that comes from those things. You guys are the best!

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment