Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, July 7, 2014

Proud to Be An American

Hola Hola!

Happy 4th of July! It took me until the day before, but I remembered. I love the USA! We really do live in such a blessed country.  We had dinner with some members and before we started to eat I sang the National Anthem. It was a proud moment for me! I said, "I'm proud to be an American!" and my comp (from El Salvador) got mad at me. He said that ALL of North, Central and South America is "America"…we are ALL Americans! Jaja, we might be a little bit prideful in that aspect.

You guys are in Chicago! That's awesome! I am a little sad that I'm missing out on that.  But I hope you are all having a great time. Tell everyone that I say hi! I have always loved Smith family reunions. They are the best! Eat some deep dish pizza for me, jaja.

That story about the freezer is super funny! I can imagine dad opening the freezer door and shutting it super fast! Wanna know something funny? I don't think I've used a freezer in all my time here! I have never bought food that had to be frozen, and I don't think any of my comps have either. Freezers just aren't used that much, except to make these natural popsicles called charamuscas which are delicious!
 (Had to google them and post a picture...)

This week we are working with this lady named Lilian.  She is 33 years old and she is going to get baptized this Saturday. The thing is, she doesn't want us to tell anyone! Not even her dad who is a member.  So will you please say a few prayers for her?  Pray that she will open her heart to letting her father come and baptize her.

Today we are going to play volleyball in the training facility for Olympic athletes of Honduras. It is called Villa Olímpica. I'm super pumped, #1: because I love volleyball!  And #2: because this place is supposed to be awesome! Should be really fun!

Well, I love you all a whole lot. I miss you and hope you are having a great time at the reunion.  Keep running Stefanie! Keep reading the scriptures everybody! Read DyC:138. It's about the Spirit World and it's amazing.

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment