Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, July 14, 2014

It Always Works Out

Hola Hola!

I love the last sentence of your first paragraph, Mom! You wrote, "It was stressful, but we made it!" talking about running through the airport to catch your flight. I feel like that is my life right now. Every day we fight out here to get things done that seem impossible! We knock on a door, start talking and expect peoples lives to completely change... from the way they are living their family life, to the things they drink in the morning with breakfast. It is super stressful! But It always works out. I don't understand it. We can have a baptism planned, and EVERYTHING will go wrong, but about an hour later the person is baptized and it all just works out. That is one of the craziest things I have learned out here in the mission.

This week has been a really good one! Workwise it was a little down, but still a great week. On Tuesday we had interviews with the new mission president, President Bowler and his wife. He is a really impressive guy! And his wife is sooo loving. It was really easy to connect with them. I don't know if that is because they are American, or because they are here by revelation. Hermana Bowler doesn't speak Spanish at all! And Presidente is trying to pick it back up after forty years of not speaking it since he got back from his mission. But I'm really excited to see the direction that the mission goes this next year!

The day after that we went to the temple. Not with investigators, just to go in and do a session.  It was just my second time this year. It was amazing! I received some revelation and felt the spirit very strongly. I love that place!


And to top it all off, Lilliam was baptized! She didn't let her dad come...but It was a great service.


I love Lilliam so much! Her life was a MESS when we met her. But now she has her feet underneath her, and has been so blessed. We had asked her to be baptized about a hundred times and she always said no, jaja, it almost became an inside joke. But I will never forget when she quietly asked us if she could be baptized. She's awesome!

I am so glad to be here serving the Lord! I have grown so much out here. I was called to help these people out, but really they have helped me out a whole lot more. Weird how that works.

Love, Elder Smith

It was Elder Dalgo's birthday and some members invited us to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment