Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, July 21, 2014

One Year

Hola Hola!

Wow! It's been a whole year. That was fast! I can't even believe how fast the time has gone. If this next year goes by this fast again I'm going to be really sad! Don't get me wrong, I want to see you guys. I love and miss you so much. But I have so much more work to do down here. And I haven't changed enough... I'm not the person God needs me to be yet. I now know how short a year really is. Wow, jaja, major reflection in just a couple lines!

This week we had some house problems. Thursday morning our dueño showed up with some guys to spray for bugs, and we were like, "Ok, no problem, we'll just shut all the windows and stay inside for about half an hour until you are finished." But he was like, "No, we are going to spray INSIDE the house, you guys gotta leave for an hour." Our house still stinks like poison! It's terrible! Plus, because we had about three minutes to prepare, a lot of things were left out, like my corn flakes! My liahona, my red and white pajama pants, and a lot of other things!! It has been frustrating! And then yesterday we ran out of water! Here in Honduras there isn't a water supply system underground. So to have water you have to pay these giant trucks that drive around with water in tanks to fill up your cisterna. So we are without water right now... There are some times that I really miss the States! jaja

But on a good note, we had another baptism! A 15-year-old girl named Vivian. She has been coming to church with us for about three months, but her mom isn't really a big supporter of religion. But this week we finally convinced her that Vivian was ready to make this choice for herself. When her mom told us that, we had to fight to NOT cheer and run around locos! Then at her baptism there wasn't enough water in the church... for the same problem... we ended up filling up buckets and carrying them up the stairs to the baptismal font. And she had to be baptized sitting down so she could get completely under the water. But it worked out, and yesterday she was confirmed! Another miracle.

I really like what Maggie wrote about Grandpa Smith. I feel the same way about him, he died when I was really young and I didn't know him well. But I have felt him helping me out a few times… before the mission mostly.  Him specifically, I don't know how I knew it was him, but he is a big reason for why I am here. I can't wait to give him a big hug someday.

Sounds like you guys are enjoying your summer to the fullest! Congrats to Chris and his new wife! And I wish I could have seen you guys flip over in the canoe! That's so funny! And ATTA BOY CALEB!! I'm so happy for you man!! Latin America is the best place in the world. You are going to learn so much out here. Good luck!

Well, that's all from me today. I love you guys! I hope this next year brings more success and more change. When God is in control change is good! And right now change is good. 

-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment