Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, June 30, 2014

God and I Are On Pretty Good Terms Right Now!

Hola Hola!

Stefanie writes the funniest letters ever, jaja! From her point of view it sounds like it was a great week.

I didn't have changes! I'm still here in Villa Vieja with Elder Dalgo. This is the first time I've been through three changes with the same companion. But I'm happy about it because he is a great comp to have. And this is my fourth change in Villa Vieja. The last time I stayed through my fourth change, Elder Arteaga and I baptized six people. We're going to beat that! And today our new president arrives. President Hernandez has finished his mission. I respect that guy a whole lot. Just the spirit that he has, it's impressive. And his wife too, they worked hard. But I am also excited to see in what direction our new president will take the mission in the next year. We're going to see some miracles!

I can't believe that Elder Glassett is home now. I love that guy! He was the best trainer ever. We had good times, and we worked hard. He really has had a huge influence on me as a missionary. That is awesome that you got to go to his homecoming. And it's good to hear that you met Elder Lewis and he is getting better. I never met him, but maybe he will be able to get back out here someday and I will meet him.

What the heck!?!? Kelsey Hancock isn't marrying Alvaro? Jaja, just kidding, I'm really happy for her! And way to go Caleb Rodabough, turning in those mission papers! I hope you get called to Honduras, Tegucigalpa! Best mission in the world.

We had a baptism this week, this little girl named Kimberly. I love her so much! We found her family and they are members, just inactive. So we taught them all, reactivated her parents and she was baptized yesterday. She's eight years old so it didn't count for the mission, but I love them all so much that I don't even care. It was one of my favorites so far, and it counts in my heart.

Dang, I'm sad that I will miss the Smith family reunion... although it will probably suck without me and Maggie, jaja! I will pray for you to have a safe flight! God and I are on pretty good terms right now, he seems to be listening to me so don't worry!

Don't forget to read the scriptures while you're on your vacation! Sometimes little things like that can throw you off your habit for a long time. Don't let it!

The church is true! I love you guys! Thank you for your prayers.

Love,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment