Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, June 16, 2014

World Cup


Hola Hola!

This week has been interesting! It has been awesome because the World Cup is here! Pretty much the whole country is spending all their time watching every game which is awesome because I love the World Cup!  But at the same time it's really dumb because we can't get much done! Usually our attendence at church is around 200, but this Sunday it was about half that, maybe less. Haha, I love this place!  

I COMPLETELY forgot about Fathers Day... haha, but happy Fathers Day, Dad! I hope you had a great day and that you know I love you! It sounds like you guys had a fun time together.

I would love it if you would send me that CD! I told you it was a good song! I'm sure there are other good songs on the album too! I'm glad you liked it!

I miss running! I am glad that you guys are keeping that alive in the family! Stefanie, way to go!! But don't give up! That's the hardest part at times, and one thing I've learned in the misión. There are a lot of things that take persistence. Every person we meet tells us that they already belong to a church, or they were already baptized. But with a little work and some help from the spirit, sometimes they change their mind! Keep going even when it gets hard!

This week we also had Zone Conference. It was the last one with Presidente Hernández. It was really spiritual! He shared with us his conversión story and a lot of stuff about his past. It was really interesting to hear all the things that have brought him to where he is today. All of the zones prepared musical numbers and we were singing and people were playing instruments. It was a really cool conference!! It will be sad to see him go. I also got to see Elder Glassett for maybe the last time before he goes home. Crazy!

Apart from that it was a pretty normal week. We worked hard, found a lady that got baptized a long time ago and now has two kids. Stacy, her daughter, is twelve-years-old and wants to get baptized! If you could please pray for her it would help us a lot.

Ok, well I hope you have a great week. Enjoy watching all the games...I am jealous, haha! I will be working hard out here so send an extra prayer or two my way. (:


-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment