Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, June 23, 2014

It's a Good Thing That the Church is True!

Hola Hola!

I didn't watch the USA game...but I heard about it from a bunch of members...Portugal scored a goal in the 94th minute. Lame! But it's okay, we still have a chance to advance! And I'm glad to hear that my family is at home supporting my country! I'm there in spirit! I was able to see the Honduras game...very sad...the whole country was disappointed...but it's okay, the world keeps on spinning!

This week was interesting. On Sunday at church this lady had her cell phone stolen out of her purse. So the bishop said that the bus wasn't going to leave until her phone was returned to her... he meant well... but it just ended in everyone accusing everyone else... and it got really ugly. One guy told this other lady that he KNEW that it was her son who stole the cell phone because he saw the kid running around outside when he should have been in Young Men. So the mom started swearing at him and screaming how she was never going to come back to church because he had just accused her. The lady whose phone was stolen was crying, everyone was mad because the bus didn't leave for like 45 minutes. It was just a really bad Sunday. The worst part was that we had investigators watching the whole thing. Our investigator Stacy didn't come to church...which now thinking about it might have been a blessing in disguise. We had another investigator get really mad because the teacher of the Gospel Principles class told her that her baptism wasn't done with correct priesthood authority. All in all it was just a mess. It helped me remember that the church is still very new here in Honduras. Still growing. We have a long way to go. It's a good thing that the church is true!!! haha

This week we have changes. I have been here for three changes, which isn't really a whole lot. But I have two with Elder Dalgo. This could be my second to last day here in Villa Vieja! Changes are always exciting!  I'll keep you posted about what happens. But don't hold your breath... I can't write till next Monday, haha!

I'm glad that you guys had a good week. Glad Stefanie had fun at Youth Conference!  I loved all my Youth Conferences. But the best ones were the ones with my sisters!!

You asked about my companion and my district...Elder Dalgo and I are really good friends. He's super obedient and we work hard. We have had good times together! The other companionships in my district have had their challenges but they are great people. I love them a lot!

Well, that's all for today, I love you guys! Thank you for your prayers, they are felt! Good luck with everything you do this week! And GO USA!!

-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment