Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, June 9, 2014

I Love My Mission

Hola Hola!!

This week was STRESSFUL! Setting up a wedding is a lot of work! But it all turned out perfectly. They were married on Friday, the next day Glenda was baptized, and on Sunday she was confirmed! As soon as we sat down after the confirmation I realized how much I really love them. And while we were up there on the stand on Sunday with our hands on Glenda's head, I had about two minutes of pure happiness. I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here.

We also got a cell phone this week! It's one of those brick phones that are ancient in the states now, but to us it's like advanced technology from outer space! Haha, it's crazy to be able to call someone on top of the mountain before walking all the way up there to see if they are home. But we forget it at the house about every other day, we're still getting used to it! I am actually kinda bummed about it. I really liked just leaving the house and having no worries except who we were going to teach until we got home. But it's a good thing to have! 

We have zone conference tomorrow, the last one with Presidente Hernandez. That's crazy! I remember getting here and talking with Elder Glassett about how weird it was going to be for me when he went home and when we got a new president and thinking, "That day will never come." And now here it is! That scares me. Because that's exactly what I think about the day my mission will end. I don't want it to come too fast.

I love you guys, I am glad you had a good week too! Keep me posted about all the fun things you do this summer! Dad, listen to the song "The Work". I bet it will bring back some memories of the mission for you!

Love,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment