Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, February 24, 2014

Changes!

Hola Hola!

Changes! I am no longer in Lemón.... I am going to miss that place like crazy. We spent Tuesday saying goodbye to everyone who I have come to know and love there. It was really hard. That night we got the call. I have a new companion, Elder Sorenson. He's from Kearns, Utah and I am officially in Villa Vieja, in Zona Uyuca.


I am also now a District Leader! Elder Henry is in my district! And also Elder Christianson, the guy we met in the airport!

From what I have seen so far, this area is awesome!!! It is straight up a mountain! I hike up and down in between two different mountains all day long.


One is called Brisas de Oriente, and the other is Tierra Blanca. It is a lot of work hiking all day, but it's pretty amazing at the same time! It is situated between three other areas: Los Pinos, Villa Real, And Villa Nueva, and those are three of like the five areas in the mission where Gringos are not allowed to go because it is so dangerous...so my area is apparently pretty sketchy. But Elder Sorenson said nothing ever happens really. But, IT IS SOOO COLD HERE AT NIGHT! and the showers here are so freezing! I hate the cold! haha I had gotten way to used to the heat in Choluteca!

This Sunday was pretty interesting. We went to pick up this lady who got baptized like two weeks ago, but never was confirmed. But she didn't want to go. She was swearing and screaming!  So we left her house and said a prayer asking for a little bit of help. Then out of nowhere, the elder who was here last change called her because he felt like he needed to. He convinced her that she needed to go. And she was confirmed! I actually was part of the circle to confirm her, first time I have ever done that. God hears prayers!

You guys had an Apostle at Stake Conference!?!?!? Dang it! Why does that have to happen while I'm away on the mission? haha He could have waited like two years... but that is really cool! I'm glad you got that opportunity! That is really interesting that he spoke about his experience with assigning missionaries. I'm sure I will someday figure out the reason for me being here in Honduras. I'm just going to work hard until that happens!

I believe this church is true! I hope all of you out there can REALLY say that for yourselves. It is easy to say "I know the church is true" because it's easy to know something...I know 2+2=4, so I never have to think about that ever again. But to really believe in something is hard. It takes commitment, dedication, and mental exertion. Maybe its time for us to evaluate where we are really at in this moment. Alma 5:26.

I'm glad you are all doing OK! I hope you have a great time skiing today, skipping school! You planchers! haha

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment