Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, February 10, 2014

I Will Remember This Day For the Rest of My Life

Hola, Hola!

This week was an interesting one! Lots of good things, and a couple of bad things too! We´ll start with the bad to get them out of the way.

My camera was stolen!!! I am now cameraless...we are pretty sure we know who took it though, so I still have a little faith of getting it back. But there are a lot of memories in that little thing that mean a lot to me, so I´m praying I will be able to find it! Also, we were threatened at machete point to get out of this guys house! His wife was like, "Elders, come on in!"  But then he was like, "Don't even think about coming in here, you *!#@$%* dang Mormons!"  Haha, we decided to listen to the guy with the sword, so we left. It's kinda sad how strong of a grasp Satan has on the hearts of some people, that they can be so blinded to the truth...but it makes for some good stories sometimes too!

OK, now on to the good! Three of our investigators got baptized and confirmed this week!! I had the opportunity of baptizing two of them! They were my first baptisms, other than when Stefanie, Taelor and I went to the temple to do baptisms for the dead. But it was awesome! F******** is amazing and was so happy to be baptized! I will remember this day for the rest of my life.


We have two more baptisms planed for this weekend!  Seeing as how you guys praying for my investigators helped so much this last week, I figured I would ask you to do it again! 

I am seeing and feeling the Lord's help so much lately and I am so grateful for it. I just gotta keep being obedient and working hard! This is probably my last week in my first area, changes are a week from Wednesday. I want to leave this place knowing I did all I could for these people! Changes also means that some missionaries are going home. Elder Reyes and Hermana Estrada are both finishing their missions. Its crazy how little time it takes to become such good friends with people! I really feel like I have known them for my whole life! But after this week I might never see either one of them ever again. Crazy! But that's the mission I guess. 
Thanks for the messages, Dad and Stefanie! It's always good to hear from you guys! Stef, Brother Peck taught at the high school last year! He's a very good seminary teacher, you are lucky to be in his class. Keep working hard in school!  Dad, yeah we're working hard! I hope you start feeling better!

I love you guys! I hope you have a good week. Remember to read the scriptures and say your prayers! It helps a lot. The church is true! I believe that more and more every day. Thank you for your prayers, they really are felt. 

Love, Elder Smith

P.S. I didn't even know the Olympics were going on until today! haha That's kinda depressing...

No comments:

Post a Comment