Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, March 3, 2014

I Have a Wash Lady!

Hola Hola!

I can't believe that it is already March! It feels like February just started. This week has been awesome! My new ward is awesome! I really like Elder Sorenson. He's a hard worker and really patient with our investigators, and with all of my shortcomings too. I really like our zone! I am super happy with where I ended up. But we have had some bad things happen too. I'll start with the good.

I have a wash lady!!!! I no longer have to spend hours washing my own clothes, scrubbing on the pila and not getting all the stains out anyway! We have a lady in our ward who washes our clothes for 100 limps once a week, that's like five dollars. It's awesome! I gave her my clothes on Friday and got them back whiter than they have been in three months! Plus I had a hole in one of my shirts and she patched it. She's awesome and this is honestly a blessing! We also have dinner with a member five out of the seven days of the week! The people here are way nice to the missionaries. And yesterday after church the whole Elder's Quorum came with us and visited our area. We are really going to have a lot of success here, I can feel it! We had a fast this week as a zone to accomplish a goal of fifty baptisms, with at least six families. I hope we can accomplish it.

We have two baptisms lined up for this week, two brothers named E*** and Y*****. Their uncle is a member, but until two weeks ago he hadn't come to church for a few years. But now he has come out and worked with us two times so far, come to church two weeks in a row, and helped us teach his nephews! I'm really excited about it! I would really appreciate it if you guys could say a few extra prayers for them this week.

On top of all that we had Zone Conference this week. President Hernandez gave an INCREDIBLE discourse based on the talk, "Becoming a Consecrated Elder" by Tad R. Callister. He spoke on the difference between a social missionary, an honorable missionary and a consecrated missionary. It was so powerful, it really helped me open my eyes to some of the things that I was doing, not necessarily wrong, but just not as well as I could have been. I want to become the best missionary I can be. I really suggest this talk for everyone preparing to serve a mission...Maggie, Hunter, Michael and everyone else! And also another talk called "The Fourth Missionary" by Lawrence E. Corbridge. They both talk about the same thing. Both excellent!

OK, now for the bad. One of the areas in my district was changed this week because of disobedience issues. So there were some "mini changes". I hope everyone involved can use this as an opportunity to work harder and just become better, and not as an excuse to fail...I have faith in them! But the thing is, I have been a district leader for only about a week and have already lost one of the areas that I was supposed to help. Dang it...but I'm not going to use this as an excuse to fail either. "The greater the challenge, the greater the triumph."

I love you all, keep working hard to become the people that God expects you to be. There are people depending on you! This church is true! I really believe that with all of my heart. My faith is tried, tested, confirmed, and strengthened every day out here. But I'm going to keep on fighting to have more faith every day until the day that I don't have to have faith anymore because I will have a perfect knowledge. Until the day that I can hug my Savior and thank him for everything he has done for me, and tell him that I did everything I could to follow him and help others do the same. How great that day will be!

-Elder Smith

Elder Pau'u and Elder Glassett

No comments:

Post a Comment