Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, February 17, 2014

I Really Believe that the Lord is Leading This Work

Hola hola!!!

Happy Valentine's Day! A little late but it still counts. Here in Honduras it is called "La Día De Amor Y Amistad" (The Day of Love and Friendship) and it is way less of a deal. But I still hope it was a great day for all of you love birds back there in the States!

Today we went again to the Peña.

I was the only person left in the zone from the first group so it was the second time for me, but the first time for everyone else. It is crazy how fast everything changes! But it is awesome. I really love my zone! I'm sad that I am probably leaving. But at the same time I feel like its time for me to go. We'll find out for sure tomorrow.

If I go or if I stay, it doesn't really matter. I was a little bit hoping for a change last time. However, I am really grateful that I was able to stay here because I have really seen the fruits of all our hard work pay off! We have had baptisms each of the past three Saturdays. This Saturday we baptized Rixi and Oscar!


It was really awesome because Oscar's dad is a member, but really inactive. But when he saw his son get baptized I think something clicked in his head. I hope he is going to find his way back! I really believe that the Lord is leading this work. It's easy to see that He has helped me out personally a ton!

I'm glad to hear that life is good back home! Stefanie is a beast! Dad, I'm sorry that the season wasn't the best, but I know the effect you have had on your players will last much longer. I still remember my times out on the field, course and court!  Plus your JV team kicked butt anyway! Mom, I love the story about your romantic "date" with Dad, Stefanie, Rachel and George, haha that's awesome!

Go USA! I still haven't watched a single Olympic event yet! I probably won't. Snow sports seem kinda like a fantasy here because its so dang hot all the time! I'm SOO sunburned right now! But I still have a lot of patriotism.

One story.  Yesterday we decided to look for new investigators. We were walking to the area that we wanted to contact, and we passed a couple of kids that I had never seen before, which is weird because I've seen everyone in my area. So we knocked on a couple doors but nothing really too promising. Elder Arteaga gets frustrated pretty fast sometimes when contacting (with reason, its hard!) so we decided just to talk to people in the street. We saw this other girl that I had never seen before.  So we talked to her, her name was Gabriela. I asked her if she knew of anyone who would be interested in learning about Jesus Chirst. And she said, "Yeah, my dad!"  So she took us to her house, and there were the kids we had passed earlier! They were her little brothers and sisters! So we talked to the dad for awhile and he really wants to change his life and get away from some of the things that he has been doing! The only thing I can think is that God placed that man's children in our path yesterday so that we could help him come unto Christ!

I really believe that this church is true. I hope you guys all do too. But to believe in something takes work. It is not easy, but it is worth it! I love you all.

Elder Smith

P.S. I also gave a KILLER talk this Sunday! It was a great exclamation mark to my time here!

No comments:

Post a Comment