Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, February 3, 2014

We Had A Baptism!

Hola Hola!

So, big news! For the first time in my mission, the first two columns of my agenda dats sheet weren't 0 and 0!!! That's right, people! We had a baptism! (: His name is E****, he's eleven-years-old, and he is best friends with a couple of kids from the ward. So one day we started teaching him. We asked him to get baptized for the first time a long time ago, but his dad was really against it because he had already been baptized when he was a baby. But with a lot of prayers and fasting, a little biblical explaining, a bunch of faith and a little help from God, he got permission from his dad to get baptized! Elder Arteaga did it because it is my calling to make him the best missionary ever, and maybe if he gets in the habit of baptizing now it will just kinda stick, haha! I am really happy about it. He's a great kid. I can already see him passing the sacrament, preaching the gospel with a name tag on his chest, and entering in the temple to get sealed for eternity to his wife! Gosh, this church is true!


We have three more baptisms planned for this weekend, a girl named S******, her brother D*****, and an old lady named F*********. I love S****** so much! She reminds me so much of you, Stefanie!  She's a really cute girl and that usually means trouble for girls down here in Honduras. So we're trying to get her away from the ugly things of this world before they ruin her life! Her brother D***** quit drinking coffee the very first time we told him it was bad and hasn't had another sip since! He's so pilas! And F********* is this sixty eight year old widow who has outlived two of her three kids. When we shared with her the message of the Plan of Salvation she started crying because her pastor had told her that she would never see her husband or kids again. I have a ton of love for each one of them and I would really appreciate a few extra prayers for them this week! (:

I also went to Tegus again this week to take out my residency. I am now officially a legal resident of Honduras! (: But the three hour bus ride there and back is not worth it.  But I saw Elder Glassett while I was there, I love that guy! I also got to see almost all of the Elders from my group! I really think there is something special about our little group. My zone leader, Elder Elggren went with me to take out his residency as well, and he gave a Captain Moroni-like speech on the bus ride back! haha He is a great missionary and I hope I can do as much for this country and people as he has!

Ok, that's about it for this week! Gosh dang it, Broncos! Good work on the court, Dad! Stefanie, good luck at nationals! Rachel and George keep being the best newly married couple ever! And Mom, keep being the best Primary president anyone could ask for! You helped me turn out alright, so the more influence you have on those kids the better!

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment