Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I Made It Through The Elections!!

Hola Hola!!

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY RACHEL!!! YOU ARE SO OLD!!! haha I hope it was a great one! 

 I made it through the elections!!! After three long days locked up in my house, about a million push ups, endless reading hours, one huge card tower, all of my laundry cleaned, a billion throws against the wall with my bouncy ball, a ton of food, like five naps, and a whole lot of being really bored I'm finally free again!!! And honestly things were super tranquilo down here in the south anyway... stupid elections wasting the Lord's time. But I guess a little descansito (resting) wasn't really that bad. I'm very excited to get to work though, that is for sure.

In other news, I'm going to miss Thanksgiving so much!!!! I didn't realize how much I loved that holiday until now! I think the plan is to go to KFC down here so we can at least be eating some kind of bird. But even though it won't be the same feast, I'm still using this time to be extra grateful for the things that I have, and I encourage everyone else to do the same, and be a little more expressive of your thanks in your prayers to our Heavenly Father!

I hit my four-month mark on Sunday! This is crazy, it feels like I just barely left for the MTC, and I'm already done with one sixth of my mish... it makes me realize that we have such a great responsibility to fulfill, and such a short time to do it.

"You gotta GO NOW!" I remember Dad yelling that to me in the middle of cross country races. It was crazy how I could be in the middle of the biggest crowd of parents and coaches, and everyone would be yelling their own advice to their own runners. But I could always pick out Dad's voice. And it would always help me push a little bit harder, and run a little faster. I think that is what the Lord is doing to all of us now. We live in a world with a lot of crazy stuff going on, but if we listen to the right voices we will be able to find that strength to push a little harder. 

I'm glad you are all doing OK, and I hope you all have a great week! I'll be thinking of you guys in St. George this Thursday!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Love, Elder Smith

P.S. haha I'm totally getting facial hair!!!! Check it out! This is after five days! I was locked up so no rules were broken...

(Mom, I leave full discretion to you over whether you should put this up or not cause I'm kinda in my garments...)

No comments:

Post a Comment