Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, November 18, 2013

Election Week

WE GOT TO PLAY SOCCER TODAY!!!!! IT WAS GLORIOUS!!! IT HAD BEEN LIKE 3 MONTHS SINCE I HAD PLAYED SOCCER! Do you know how hard that has been for me?? And holy crap, my touch needs some work! haha 

Soccer had been banned from our mission because some Elder broke his foot, but after a whole lot of missionaries asked and prayed for it to be brought back, President Hernandez finally cracked! Plus, the kid who broke his foot is back in the mission and is now my zone leader so he's obviously doing alright... anyway, he was the one who told us that it is back! haha

We also received some info on what's going to happen this week. So, as I'm sure you don't know, this week is elections for Honduras, which means that there is a whole lot of excitement going on. President had a conference with the Area Presidency who said that the Mission Department is pretty worried about us. So we aren't allowed to leave our houses at all on Saturday through Monday. So I won't be able to write until at least Tuesday next week! And we have to buy at least five days' worth of food and water just in case things get really crazy! We also went over our mission evacuation plan just in case we have to get 200 missionaries out of the country as fast as possible...... it is apparently kind of a big deal...but don't worry mom...I'll probably be fine (; haha

Anyway sounds like things are moving right along back at home! I can't believe that basketball season is already starting up! And so many people are getting their mission calls! That's awesome. I'm glad Stefanie is doing so well.  But I can still tumble better than her. haha Sounds like everything is going great! I love you all.

Love Elder Smith 

No comments:

Post a Comment