Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, November 11, 2013

My Favorite Day of My Mission So Far!

Hola Hola!

I got to go to the temple this week!!!! It was amazing! It is so beautiful! I love the temple!


Ok here's the story!  So about a year ago, my companion, Elder Glassett, baptized a family.  You have to wait for a year to do your endowments after you have been baptized. So we are home on Tuesday I think, just chillin, when we get a call, and its Carlos and he's super excited and he invites us to come to his endowment and sealing!! So then on Thursday we drove up to Tegus and we get to do an endowment, (plus the new video was there and it is AMAZING!!!) and then right after we got done we went straight to the sealing room and we were able to watch that as well! It was by far my favorite day of my mission so far! Days like that make all the hard things of the mission seem very small. Even though they weren't people who I had found and taught or baptized, I still felt so much love for them and with them as they made their family an eternal one. It was just a beautiful thing to watch their kids come in and kneel across the alter. I loved it! 

The other days of this week were good as well... just kind of uneventful. Sunday was this girl's birthday from our district so we wrote her a rap and sang it to her today! haha It was awesome! It is not letting me send the video, but I will find a way!!! 

I had a dream about my sister Rachel the other day, so I decided to write her a letter, then I thought I should probably write letters to all of my family.  So you guys can expect a letter in like 3 months probably. haha  But just know they are coming!

Well I love you all a lot! It sounds like everything is going well. I hope you all know that the church is true!! Cause it is!  And if you want to know more about the gospel go talk to the missionaries! Those guys know a whole lot of stuff about this stuff! Honestly, I wish I would have been more open and sharing about the gospel while I was still in high school, and before my mission! So I encourage each of you to share it more! Cause it is true, and people might not accept it right now, but when you get to heaven they are all going to be like, "You were so right!!! I'm so sorry for not listening to you! Thank you so much for trying to help me out!" And you will realize that it was worth it! 

-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment