Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, October 28, 2013

Zone Conference

Hola, Hola!

This week we had Zone Conference! It was a pretty dang good experience! 




Elder Ochoa, A member of the 2nd Quorum of the Seventy came and talked to us. He is an amazing man. He had us all come up one by one and shake his hand. While he was shaking my hand and looking into my eyes I felt like he knew everything about me! He has the gift of discernment for sure! But it was such a good experience. He talked to us about our animo (or excitement level...kind of), and how at times the way that the devil works against us isn't just getting us to sin, but also in the way we feel. It made me think about Elder Holland's talk at conference.  Maybe it's a little bit of a bigger deal than we realize. If you are ever feeling down in the dumps turn to the scriptures. I read 2nd Nephi:4 the other day and it talks about how Nephi was feeling a little down. But he found a good way to overcome it. Go read it and find out what he did.


Elder Ochoa let us have a little question and answer session with him after he was done talking. Someone stood up and said, "I know that everyone has their free agency, and they are allowed to choose for themselves if they want to accept the gospel or not, but I also know that I have a lot of responsibility to the Lord to be the best teacher I can be. How can I tell if I did all I can, but they just used their free agency and decided not to accept. Or if I did something wrong or didn't teach it the right way?"  Elder Ochoa responded, "In this life, you will never know."


What a terrible answer! But it is one that has been making me think about it. What do you guys think?

I can't believe its already Halloween! They don't have Halloween here.... It sucks! Stefanie, you better go trick-or-treating for me this week! haha I'm sad that I am missing our jack-o-lantern tradition with Bryan and Katie! That is always so much fun! Carve a good pumpkin for me, Dad! 


I love and miss you all! 

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment