Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Thoughts are Powerful

Hola, Hola!

     What a blessing it is to have prophets who speak to us! I do remember the moment vividly when President Monson changed the misión age! What a great moment with my mom! (In response to this question from Mom..."Do you remember one year ago watching the Saturday morning session with me?" What a year it has been!) 

     Saturday morning session we went to the church, and sat with some of our investigators. It was very spiritual, but it was also kind of hard to understand. Apostles use big words! haha Then for the next session we didn't have any investigators so we jalón-ed (hitchhiked) to the church in Por Venir which is about ten minutes away and we watched it in the "Gringo Room"! It was fantastic! There is so much power in the actual voices of the apostles and of the prophet! The interperators do their best, and they do a great job, but they can't replace that same power and authority.  My notes from the sessions from the Gringo Room are significantly better than the ones I took from the sessions in Spanish.  Mom, will you please send me a copy of the conference Ensign in my Christmas package?

     Stefanie! you went to Imagine Dragons?!? That is awesome! I do remember telling you that!  

     (In response to this excerpt from an email from Stefanie..."This week out of the blue I was asked by a friend if I wanted to go to the Imagine Dragons concert with her.  I was really excited and kind of amazed because just earlier that week I was telling Mom and Dad how badly I wanted to go.  When this happened it reminded me of you, because you once told me, 'Good things happen to me because I expect them to.'  Haha, dorrrk!  I don't know if you even remember telling me that, but I thought it was really cool and it kind of changed my perspective on things.  Sooo, I've been trying to have the same outlook on things as you.") 

     And good things are still happening to me just because I expect them to! I'm glad I could pass that on to you. It works with other things too. If you expect to get good grades, it will work out that way. If you expect to go on a misión, one day you wake up and you are in Honduras! haha Thoughts are powerful!  Make sure you are telling them where to go. (: I love you, kid!  Oh, and write me your own email!

     I can't believe that Grandma and Grandpa are home from their mission already! How did that happen? It feels like they left last week. haah Maybe that is how it will be for me too.  But it sounds like a lot of fun.  I missed eating Navajo tacos this week, and going to dinner and priesthood sesh with Dad.  But it sounds like you guys had a great week! 

     Thank you for your prayers, they are felt and I really appreciate them! You guys are the best!

Love Elder Smith!

No comments:

Post a Comment