Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, October 14, 2013

You Get Blessings For Going to Church!

Hola Hola!!

     How is it already fall break?? School used to take longer when I was doing it, I swear.  But it sounds like you guys are getting into the holiday season! They don't celebrate Halloween here! Or Thanksgiving either, obviously... so really the "holiday season" is just Christmas. You guys will have to go trick-or-treating for me! And eat a lot of turkey for me too!

      I have been to five baptisms here so far, and one wedding, and they have all been for two or three people! My zone is really great! Elder Glassett and I have been working hard, and have been really close with a few different families and people. But we haven't been able to get anyone baptized just yet. But that's OK, people have their agency and this is all part of God's plan! I'm not going to base the success of my misión on how many baptisms I am able to play a part in, I'm going to base my success on how hard I work. That is my gift to the Lord during my time here.

     So I have a funny story about my journal. Elder Glassett and I usually go to the other elders' house every night to just hang out after we get done working, so I brought my journal over to write in it.  But this particular night there were other elders there as well because they had a baptism early the next morning and they lived like an hour away so they decided to spend the night. So I left my journal there, and Elder Hatch (who is actually cousins with this kid I know, Jeff, who played soccer for USA Club and who ran cross country for Murray. I really like the kid!) accidentally took it with him to the church. So I searched all over my house for it, and all over the other house for it. I asked Elder Hatch, and he said he remembered leaving it at the church, but he wasn't sure.  So we went to the church but we couldn't find it. I thought I had lost it again... I was so frustrated! But then the next week at church I found it completely by chance in a drawer in the kitchen! haha This just shows that you get blessings for going to church! So go to church people! And bring a friend, too!

      This morning we woke up and went on a hike about 5 minutes away from Nicaragua!  It was amazing! I'll attach some pictures! 




     
     I am very grateful for the opportunity I have to be here in Honduras, serving these people, and my Lord and Savior Jesús Christ! I finished the Book of Mormon this week, and I would like to add to what my cousin, Elder Kindred, said in his testimony this week. I know that this book is true! I know that by living and applying the things we learn from that book, we will be blessed! I know it is true because I have received an answer from the Holy Ghost to my prayer when I asked my Heavenly Father if it was true! I invite all of you to do the same. Read it! Pray about it! Then read it again! 

Love, Elder Smith

The words behind us mean "unforgetable memories", and it is a famous spot among missionaries here in the south.

No comments:

Post a Comment