Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, September 30, 2013

Prayer Works! It Really Does!

Hola, Hola!!! 

     First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM AND DAD!!! You guys are the best, eat some cake for me! And buy yourselves something nice and say it was from me, ok? haha

      Can you believe that I hit my two month mark this week? I couldn't even believe it! This has been the fastest two months of my life! But at the same time it feels like I have been doing this forever! I don't remember a time when I didn't wake up at 6:30 and then study for four hours... wow, I hope it slows down a little bit! 

     Did you know that prayer works??? Cause it really does! This week Elder Glassett decided that I was ready to go on splits with these two kids who leave on their missions in like a week. I was going all Nephi on it and saying, "If he thinks I'm ready then I am ready! The Lord will provide a way!"  So 7:00 rolls around, and he goes to teach a noche de Hogar, (family home evening) and I go to teach the first lesson to this lady who lives in Tegus but came down to visit her sister for a month. So me and Richard, the kid I was on splits with, get to her house and start teaching. I was expecting him to talk a lot because he is fluent in Spanish, but the kid doesn't say a word!!! Oh my gosh, I was trying so hard, and I was getting my point across but it was a struggle. I just remember praying, and asking for help in any way! Then out of nowhere, Elder Pau'u and Elder De Leon from the other area show up. They just knock on the door and walk in like angels sent straight from heaven.  And with their help we were able to get through the rest of the lesson and commit Brenda (the lady from Tegus) to be baptized! 
 
     After the lesson I asked Elder Pau'u, ¨Why on earth did you guys show up to her house at 7:30 on a Wednesday?¨ He told me that Brenda's sister was fixing his pants that had a hole in them. Maybe that was his reason to be there, but I know that the real reason they came was because Heavenly Father was answering my prayers.

     Can you guys please pray for Oliver, Junior, Luis, and Alexandro?  Ask that their father's heart might be softened so they can be baptized. They definitely need a little help from some prayers! 

     Oh!!! One More thing, we had a garra (war)  with these two kids this week!!! it was awesome! Whenever someone has a birthday in this country people crack eggs on their heads. Haha, so we went crazy on the son and daughter of the lady who cooks for us every day with flour, eggs, water, and mud! Because it was Kelly's, (the daughter) birthday, but Ricardo, (the son,) wanted to be on her side!!! It was awesome! haha


     The Church is true! I have seen the spirit influence people who were in the middle of a breakdown and comfort them to the point of being happier than they have ever been, and I have seen the spirit take people from being just fine, to crying so hard because of how strongly it testifies to them! I know that this church is true. 

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment