Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, September 23, 2013

I Wouldn't Trade This Opportunity For Anything

Hola Hola!! 

     Mom... I miss you so much!!! Sometimes I think about times when we would just sit and laugh about stupid stuff! I loved that! I hope you are having a great year teaching school! You are so great at what you do! And I know you love it.  I will never get a job that I do not love because I have seen you and Dad and how much you enjoy the work you do. You two have taught me how to enjoy life, thank you for that! Just know that your son has realized exactly how much he loves you and how much he appreciates his mother because for the first time in his life she isn't right there with him every step of the way. You are the best,  Mom!  

     Dad, there is so much you have done for me.  You have been the best example to me in the whole world.  An example of patience, of how to be a man, how to be a husband, of how to be a father, how to be a worthy priesthood holder. I know that I will never be able to repay you, but I will try my best to be as good of an example of those things for my future family, like the way Grandpa Smith was for you! You have made it a family tradition. I love you Dad. 

     Rachel, I miss my big sister so much! I hope married life is treating you soo well! I bet we are going through a similar experience of having to adjust to living with a companion ALL THE TIME WITH NO BREAKS EVER! It's kinda hard isn't it... but its OK! I have learned a whole lot about myself through this.  And I'm sure you have too.  Sometimes the best thing to do is just serve them.  There is a missionary saying, ¨It's hard to hate someone while you are shining their shoes."  It's very true. You are such a strong person that I'm sure this isn't too hard for you, but just know I'm praying for you! 

     Stefanie, my kid sister! How on earth are you starting 9th grade? That blows my mind! I am so excited for you though! You are going to have a bunch of great experiences! High school is a whole lot of fun! Pick a good group of friends, that is very important. And get involved with something if you aren't already. It makes the time go faster, and it's more fun. The most important thing that I want you to do though is make sure that you have a really strong relationship with your Father in Heaven! When you pray I want you to think of yourself as kneeling at the feet of God. Picture yourself right there with Him. Every once in a while pray out loud, it might feel weird, but it helps me keep my mind focused, my thoughts can't wander as much, and it is easier for me to feel the responses that DO ALWAYS COME!!! They come in one of three ways:  a thought, a feeling, or nothing. And when we don't receive an answer it is God trusting us to make the right decisión by ourselves! I love you and hope you are happy! 

     Everyone else... I miss you guys too!  

     Michael Campbell, you are the best friend I have ever had! I hope everything is going well!  WRITE ME A FREAKING E-MAIL, YOU PUNK! I miss you man. 

     My whole quorum and all my YM leaders back home, I miss you guys!  Caleb, you are the biggest stud I have ever met!  

     Joe, and Aaron, you guys are the best! If you haven't decided yet about serving a misión, just do it! It seems crazy... actually It IS crazy! but it is amazing at the same time!

     My soccer team, I miss you guys so much, I miss playing every day. But you are all great guys and i know you are going to go far in life. Dan and Jerry, thank you for teaching me so much about soccer and about life.  

     My cross country team, you have no idea how bad I want to be training right now! I miss it like crazy! Sometimes I think about those times that I stood on that starting line and compare it to where I am at right now. It's crazy but it gives me strength. Work hard at practice, It will help you later in life!   

     Coach Rowe, I miss you! I loved every practice, and every race I had with you. You were a great friend, and an even better coach. I will always remember the way I felt my sophomore year when we were goofing off and you called us on it! I wanted so bad to prove to you and to myself that I was going to work as hard as I could. Thank you for that!

     The rest of my family, on both sides. You guys are honestly the best!!! I think about all of our family reunions and how much fun they were! I hope the next one is good even though I'm sure you will all just sit around and cry about how much you guys miss me! You guys have always made me feel the love of family and how great it can be. I am excited for eternity with you guys!  

     Holly, I miss you! The dogs in this country SUCK!!! They always try to bite you, and they all stink and are ugly.  But you are a good dog.  

     Girls... I forgot what girls are... I'm a missionary.... 

     Even though I miss you all a ton, I wouldn't trade this opportunity I have to serve my Lord for anything! Have a good week! Read your scriptures. Talk to people about the gospel. Be happy. See you in 22 months--tomorrow is my 2 month mark!

I love you all,
-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment