Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, September 16, 2013

I Know It With All Of My Heart!

¡Hola Hola! 

    Wow, that's crazy that my baby sister is starting high school, and my big sister is married! I remember when we all used to fight over who got the remote and where we were sitting on the couch...when did we all get so old? But it sounds like you guys are keeping busy!! That's crazy that Grandma and Grandpa get home so soon. It feels like they just left! Maybe it will feel that way for me in about two years too.

So this week started with me getting dehydrated...haha I was just working so hard and worrying about my investigators so much that I forgot to drink water...so Tuesday was really hard! But I just pounded like 8 bags (oh yeah, the water here comes from bags, its really weird) and bounced right back! Wednesday we went to this lady's house and we had these things called "baliatas," or something like that. They are SOOO good! As soon as I ate them I remembered Kevin telling me something about them right after I got my call. So Kevin, you were right man! They are delicious!

The next day Elder Martines got his visa! So we got on a bus at 11:00, after district meeting, and headed up to Tegucigalpa to drop him off.  Four hours on a bus, half an hour on a taxi, another four hours on a bus, another half hour in another taxi. and we were finally home! It was a long day! Plus I spent like 500 lemps (the money here is called Lempira) on traveling! which really only translates to like 25 dollars, but when I only get 1800 a month it pretty much sucked! haha but at least Elder Martines is in Mexico now! I hope he does great things there!

So we are teaching these two kids, Romon and Wendy, and their abuela, Rosa. Romon is fifteen, and Wendy is fourteen and Rosa is probably fifty or so.  Anyway, they are the nicest, best people ever!!! Every time I look at Romon, I see a kid walking around in about three years with a name tag on his shirt! Anyway, yesterday we asked Wendy to pray to know if the church is true, with us right there in their humble one-room house. She said she would, but that she wanted to do it silently.  So we said OK as long as she would say Amen out loud so we could know when she was finished. After about three minutes she said amen, and just started crying! It was amazing how strong the spirit was! She knows the church is true and is going to be baptized the 28th of this month! So if I was going to ask you to pray for anyone, it would be for Wendy to stay faithful, Romon to receive an answer to his prayers, and Rosa to let her heart be softened!

I know this church is true! I know it with all of my heart! If any of you have any questions about that, I invite you to read 3 Nephi:11, and then ask God in prayer whether or not this church is true. Christ promises that if you will believe in Him, God will visit you with an answer to your question through the power of the Holy Ghost! It happens, it changes lives, this church is true!

Thank you for all of your love and support and prayers! They are felt and they are appreciated!

Love, Elder Smith


This is me in the jungle, and my district!



No comments:

Post a Comment