Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, May 4, 2015

A Day and Memory I Will Never Forget

Hola Hola!!

This week was great, we had a baptism! It was for an hermana named Irinia Núñez. I love her so much, she is sooo pilas! She wasn't going to be able to be baptized until the middle of June because of her work schedule and other conflicting problems. But God opened doors and she was able to get baptized! It was a beautiful service. The craziest thing is that we baptized her in Choluteca! Her family in Choluteca was also investigating the church, and they were going to get baptized in two weeks. But when everything worked out just perfectly they decided to get baptized this weekend so they could do it all together as a family. So we talked to President and he gave us permission to go down with Irinia to baptize her. We woke up early Friday morning, met up with Irinia, and headed to the bus station at about 7:30 a.m. The next four hours were spent on the familiar twisty windy road back to the south. When we got there we went and ate at Chorascos, the best restaurante in the whole freaking world! Or at least the south part of Honduras! And then we went to her baptism. She is amazing! After the baptism she bore her testimony, the spirit was so strong! 




We left right after the baptism and got back on the bus. As we were driving away it started to rain. Choluteca was saying one last goodbye to me and crying as I left for the last time ever. A day and a memory that I will never forget! God works miracles to bring to pass his righteous purposes. I was reading in DyC 35: I think verses 8 and 9. It says that Gods arm is still extended, and miracles follow those who believe in Christ. Today, just like in Old Testament times! We just have to believe and see.

And that was the highlight of my week! (:

I'm super glad you guys have a good birthday week planned. Happy birthday Stefanie! I got your letter this week. Thank you so much! You're the best! 

And on Mother's Day this Sunday I think I will get to call you in the evening, like around 5 o'clock Honduras time! Love you!

-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment