Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, May 18, 2015

Helping Others Come Closer to Christ

Hola Hola! 

This week was a busy one! We had divisions with the Assistants and with one of the areas in our zone. It felt like I spent just about as much time with other companeros as I did with Elder Pearson! But it's always fun to spend time with other missionaries and see their style of teaching. It changes so much! A whole lot more than you would think. But despite all the changes it is always centered on the Lord and helping others come closer to Christ. 

On Wednesday I went with Elder Osmond to his area. I found out that he will now be going home at the same time as me! So that was fun to talk and work with him, he is a really good missionary. Then we had one day together with Elder Pearson. And the next day I was with Elder Sosa in my area. He is from the Dominican Republic and only has about five months in the mission. It was fun to teach with him and get to know his life story a little more! 

We worked really hard this week, we had fifty baptism challenges this week! We decided that it was time to drop a lot of our investigators that were not progressing. It's hard to do that because we know that this might be the only chance they get...but we also have a big responsibility to the Lord and other people to give them their chance. That is really one of the hardest things we have to do as missionaries. 

This is the last week of the change, everyone is getting excited to see where they might go! I can't believe this will be my last one! But really nothing will change. That is the best part of the mission! (: 

Go Lehi!
Have a great week! 
~Elder Smith 

For p-day today we went to a big Catholic Church.



We also played soccer today!

No comments:

Post a Comment