Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, April 20, 2015

Roller Coaster of Emotions

Hola Hola!

Well, I'm with a new companion. Elder Pearson from American Fork, Utah! He's a really good guy and we are going to work hard. It's crazy that he could very well be my last companion. Our zone had a bunch of changes too. There are now more Hermanas in our zone than Elders. It should be a good change! 

It is always exciting the morning of changes! We wake up and start the day as normal, pretending that it isn't killing us not knowing what is going to happen. Then at about eight o'clock the Assistants call to tell us the changes. We then call everyone in our zone to let them know. And the rest of the day is bittersweet. We go out and say goodbye to everyone, which is very sad, but there are always very nice things said, and usually a lot of food! The worst part is that night when we start packing. That's when it hits you the hardest. You might not ever see that place again. But you are also very excited to see your new area! It's a roller coaster of emotions. But it's very good because it gives you a great chance to progress.

Mom, thanks for all the news and updates. I can't believe that the school year is almost over for you guys! Life just keeps going, time just keeps sliding past. Mom, I'm glad you have so many fun activities planned for your first graders. And I'm glad Dad's track team is doing so well! I'm proud of Stefanie for being so pilas. Go Lehi soccer! And that is the craziest thing I've ever heard that Rylie and Josh have two kids! Congratulations to Nate Hancock, and Amanda McHenry too. She better not get married before I get home! And way to go Trevor and Haley for your graduations! 

This week we have Zone Conference. Elder Ochoa from the Quorum of the Seventy is coming to talk to us. We have a meeting with him on Thursday, and then a meeting for leaders of the mission on Friday. I'm very excited for that.

Well that's all from me this week. I love you all!  Keep reading and praying as a family.

-Elder Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment