Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, October 27, 2014

One of the Most Memorable Weeks of My Mission

Hola Hola! 

This week has been pretty stressful! Full of a lot of miracles, a lot of good and a lot of bad, and overall one of the most memorable weeks of my mission. It started off with me scrambling to get everything ready for the temple trip to Tegus! From contracting buses to getting food ready for three hundred people. It was crazy! 

We did another baleadas sell, and with a lot of help from our ward we got all the money we needed to contract the buses. We contracted five buses! I had two thoughts in my mind: "What if we don't even fill two?" Or "What if way more people come than fit in the five buses?" I was stressing a little! But everything was coming together so nicely that I knew God was helping us out a whole lot! 

So we moved forward with faith and finished up with our actividades that we needed to do. We did a last minute garage sell that ended up being awesome!!! Jaja, it was a whole lot of fun! And we got all the money finalized! Everything was looking good. But then I got sick... I think it is just the flu, but for the past three or four nights in a row I have woke up with a fever of over 100 degrees. But when you are a zone leader with a huge zone activity coming up there is no time to be sick. Jaja, we kept sacrificing to give those people the opportunity to visit the temple. 

The morning of the activity we woke up at 5:00 in the morning to verify everything and to make sure that our investigators came. And we got to the church early. When we got there, there were already a few people waiting to enter the church.  So we entered and waited for all the people. Within thirty minutes the church was packed!!! I have never seen it so full! There were more than 300 people ready and waiting to go to the temple! Just seeing that room full of people was an answer to many prayers! It was amazing.

So we gave a few instructions and left for the temple! Four hours up, two hours there, four hourss back, with a fever of 102 degrees all day... it was a LONG day! But when President Bowler gave his talk the spirit in that room was so strong! It was all worth it. Every activity, every baleada, every prayer, every second on that bus. It was really a huge miracle that everything worked out so well, because there were a million things that could have gone wrong. God was helping us! 

The next day was Sunday, and I slept almost the whole day. Today I woke up feeling super sick, so i just laid in bed all day today too. Please say a prayer for me to get better, Mom! Your prayers are pretty powerful.

Overall it was a pretty good week! I would never want to relive it again. But I learned a lot, and saw the hand of the Lord bless us a whole lot.  I will be thankful for that for the rest of my life.

I believe the temple is the house of the Lord. It should be our goal to be there as often as possible. I invite you to rededicate yourself to temple attendance! 

I love you all so much! Have a great Halloween! Eat some burger beef stew for me! Jaja.

-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment