Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, October 13, 2014

Giant Temple Trip

Hola Hola!

This week flew by! I feel like I was just sitting here like a couple of hours ago and here I am again writing to you guys!

This week was full of interesting things. It started off with Elder Woods, a missionary from my zone, going home. He is probably one of the best guys I have ever met! He finished a month after his return date because he extended! So he stayed with us in our house the last two days before he went home, because his area was about two hours away. It was sad, but happy at the same time, to see such a great missionary go home! It was good to see what the end result of a misión looks like when the missionary has worked hard. But it was sad to see one of our best go home. I will always be thankful for Elder Woods and his example.

Apart from that, we spent a lot of time coordinating with the stake for a giant temple trip with all our investigators that we want to have at the end of this month! We talked to the other zone leaders from our stake and organized a couple of activities to try to raise money to pay for the buses.  And then once everything was in progress we took our ideas and our work to the stake presidency and asked for their help. They were actually kind of impressed and told us that they would be willing to help us out and that they want to make it a big stake project! We are hoping on bringing at least 500 people to the temple! But here is the cool part... we are going to do it on Saturday the 25th of October, and there are about 30-40 people between the two zones with baptism dates for that Saturday! So we are going to have a giant group baptism in the stake center of the temple!!!! It is going to be so cool! But we really are going to need some help for everything to get pulled together in time! A couple of extra prayers for us would go a long way.

Apart from those two things my week was pretty normal. We ate a ton of food! I don´t know why, but everybody from our ward decided to invite us to eat this week! It was awesome.

Stefanie, I'm proud of you for running cross country this year! That is probably the best thing you could have done! Mom I'm glad you are having so much success with your teaching career! And Dad, good luck at state!

I love you all so much. Thank you for the influence you all have had--and continue to have on me!

-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment