Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, November 3, 2014

Changes: I'm a Fan!

Hola Hola!

Happy Halloween!!!

Halloween doesn't even really exist down here... nothing happens.

This week consisted of changes! So that's always fun! I had a new experience of receiving the changes first this time! It was fun to call everyone and let them know if they had changes! I look forward to being able to do that again! 

Changes are done differently now. So President and the APs spend about a week working hard with the spirit, trying to get all the changes down! They call new ZLs, look at the new group of missionaries coming in, look at the list of elders leaving, look at how long everyone has been in their respective areas, and just try to receive revelation for the mission and for the people who live here. That part hasn't changed, still very inspiration lead. The part that has changed is that President now doesn't tell anyone where they are going or who their new companion will be. It's crazy! 

So the day before changes the assistants call us and let us know which elders in our zone have changes. We tell them, and they pack their bags and say their goodbyes. Then the next day we all go to the stake center where President lives and all the elders that have changes are in the chapel. Nobody knows where they are going, or who they are going to be with, The tension is thick enough to cut with a knife, it's awesome! Jaja, then President makes us sit through a 30 minute presentation, listening to announcements, the testimonies of the elders that are going home, ect. Meanwhile everyone is dying with the anticipation of who their next comp is going to be!! It's kinda like torture! Jaja.

Then one by one president goes through a power point presentation. One face shows up, then the area, then the other face!!!! It's so exciting, it's so much fun!! People become Zone Leaders without even knowing they were going to! People are assigned to areas they have always wanted to go! It's really just so exciting! It helps the whole mission have a lot more animo. I'm a fan!

My new zone is awesome! Today for p-day we made a slip and slide. So that was pretty fun. I'm super sunburned... like normal! But it was a good time! I'm still not feeling super good... I've had diarrhea for like a week and a half... in the worst kinda way... jaja but its all part of the Honduras dengue experience! Thanks for your prayers! You guys rock! 

I got two letters from Grandma Smith this week!!! I love you so much Grandma! Thank you for always writing me! And sorry for being so bad at writing back! 

Also I wanna give a shout out to Elder Moore's girlfriend. Jaja, he told me you read my blog and that you got mad at him because my letters are more descriptive than his! But don't get mad at him, he's the best! Jaja.

Well that's all from me this week! Good luck with your primary program, Mom! I'll be praying for you! 

Love you all!

-Elder Smith

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate the description of how the missionaries learn who their new companion is now. That was fun to read because my son just went through that and is in a new area.

    ReplyDelete