Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, August 25, 2014

Power and Authority as Worthy Followers of Christ

Hola Hola!

This week FLEW by! I really feel like I was just writing to you. And here I am again! But that's the mission I guess. Just an update on the investigator in church process... We had one this week! But he joined the army today..., so maybe what he learned will stick with him for when he gets back from basic training in three months, and he'll want to get baptized! But we'll just have to wait and see.
 
We actually have made a lot of progress with two or three families. We found a lady who is a member, just super inactive. She got baptized about twelve years ago, but then she moved and stopped going to church, but she has three daughters who aren't members, Gabriela, Nicole, and Lilian. They are awesome and I am really excited about them! We also found another young family, Franklin and Yajaida. Our lessons with them are the best lessons I have had in my mission to date! They ask great questions, the spirit is really strong, and they always read the Book of Mormon. Please, please pray for both of these families! The people you pray for get baptized!!! You guys really are the key!
 
Apart from that not a lot happened. So I'm just going to share with you what I learned while I was studying this week.  I'm reading the New Testament, in Acts right now. I love reading this book because it's all about the missionary efforts of the early apostles and saints of the church. Peter is probably one of the most powerful teachers/miracle workers ever! I love reading about his conviction and belief in Christ. It makes me think that we, as missionaries and as a church, lack faith. A lot of members are very obedient and keep the commandments. But we do it in a very blind way. If we could just realize how much power and authority we have as worthy, true followers of Christ we would be able to accomplish a whole lot more. People would be converted to a higher level of obedience. And really, everyone's lives would be blessed much more. For example...rhetorical question...when was the last time you asked God to bless you with a spiritual gift that will help you achieve a goal?

I think we are not receiving all the blessings that we qualify for because of a lack of faith... but all we have to do is change that a little. Have a little more faith in the blessings that God has promised us for obedience. And ask for them! Then He will give them to you freely! I promise.

I'm glad you all had a good week. School Is already in full swing again, that's crazy! Mom, I'm so happy for you! You are going to be the best first grade teacher ever. And you might even be in the very classroom that I was in for first grade! Stef, high school is a great time! And I'm super happy that you are still doing Cross. Keep going! It's the best club at the school. But focus on your grades, they are important, and will help you prepare for your mission. Dad, that's awesome that the Raff kid is killing it! I love hearing about that! Sounds like Lehi Cross Country has got things going! Your kid has got to be fun to coach! Jaja, I will always remember when I won that JV race at Westlake! It was awesome! I'm sure it's fun watching him do that in every varsity race. Thanks for the updates, and the advice. You guys are the best!

Well that's all from me this week. I love you all, have a great week.

-Elder Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment