Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, August 11, 2014

Changes!

Hola Hola!

Wow, What a crazy week! I got changes!! I am now in an area called the Travasia. They re-opened an old part of it, and Elders have not been assigned here for about a year. When we got here four days ago we didn't have a single investigator. But we're going to get this area rolling! It's weird, the area is in the middle of the city, but at time same time I am working in the mountains again. Jaja, I don't know how that works out, but whatever!  I am still District Leader. And I am training again. Elder Batista from the Dominican Republic! He's really Interesting, jaja, I like him! He has a ton of energy and a ton of love for the people here. I am super excited for this change! I think we are going to do some damage up here!


Saying goodbye to Villa Vieja was probably one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. Presidente Bowler called us on Tuesday morning and told us the news. And so we went to all of our investigators and told them that I was leaving... it was so sad! And then that night we went and said goodbye to some of the members who had helped us a whole lot, that was really hard too! I left my heart in Villa Vieja. 




It wasn't super hard to leave my first area. But this time I was crushed. I grew so much in that place. I loved so many people there. And I had to say goodbye. The mission is tough in that way... But I know I'm where I need to be now.

We have one pilas family up here, and the rest are inactive. They showed us the whole area, and where the rest of the members live. Their names are Edwin and Tomasa, and their two kids. They are probably the nicest people in the world! I think in the last four days we have eaten dinner there every night, and twice for lunch! They are not wealthy, they just love us! I have tried to tell them no, but they won't accept it. So we are in good hands up here! Please pray for them to receive blessings for all the help they are giving us. A few extra prayers would really help!

Another thing that kinda sucks, we don't have a place to live yet, because they weren't ready to open the area when changes came, but they did it anyway! Jaja, so right now we are sleeping on the floor of the apartment of Elder Nielson and Elder Galindo. Which is awesome because I like them both, but I like having my own bed!

Today we went to Pikachu. It's a mountain with a giant statue of Jesus on top. I had gone before but this time I had a camara! So that was cool.  It was a lot of fun! I really like my zone.


So many things happened this week, but I think I'm just going to leave it at that! I love you all so much! I am so grateful for this opportunity to be serving as a misisonary! I wouldn't change it for anything!

Love, Elder Smith

This is Elder Nielson in the striped shirt, and my Zone Leader, Elder Coombs. 


Me, Elder Christiansen, and the new Elders we are training.


This is the view from the roof of the apartment where we are staying.  Right after I took this picture I dropped my camera off the ledge...three stories down...but it landed on a tin roof and barely has a scratch.  Jaja, sorry Mom!  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment