Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, September 1, 2014

Rough Week

Hola Hola!

Wow. It was a rough week! Our zone passed through some trials this week, that's for sure. But we are all still alive at least.

I went on divisions this week with one of the elders in my zone, Elder Fasabi. And it was a really good day of work with him. We felt the spirit a lot and had a super good noche de hogar at the end, so we went to bed happy! But then at like five o'clock in the morning we got a call from my comp from my house saying that our whole house was flooded! Remember when I told you we didn't have water a couple months ago? Yeah, that happens regularly in my new house. So what had happened is my comp or the other elder turned on the water to check if there was any, and there wasn't. But then he forgot to shut it off, and then in the morning the water truck came and filled up our tank. So the water ran all morning til my comp woke up. So we took a taxi back to my house at like 5:30 a.m. and when we got there there was still like three inches of water in the house! We spent like an hour bailing water out of our house.

Then this Saturday we all went as a zone to eat baleadas. SOOO GOOD! But we think the meat they used must have been bad, because about half of the zone is sick! Elder Batista was throwing up, had diarrhea, and just is not feeling good! Jaja, he has had a pretty rough week! Poor kid!

Then on Sunday the elders that live three doors down from us got robbed! Stole their scriptures, their wallets, their phone, pretty much everything! One of the elders is about to go home in like two weeks and he had gone his whole mission without being robbed, so he was pretty upset about his record being broken.
 
But we have decided this week was one of two things...

1) God is punishing us for breaking all the rules...  or
 
2) We are just passing through some hard trials before we have the most successful week in the history of missionaries!!

I hope it's number two because I work really hard to be obedient.  I am not complaining, it has been a very memorable week. I have loved every second of it! And I am willing to go through whatever God wants to put me through. I just hope next week is a little better for Elder Batista! Jaja, I don't know if he will survive another week like this one!

Congrats to Trevor and Megan on their marriage! And atta girl, Stefanie, I love the Grass Relays!  I hope you all have a great Labor Day with the family all there! Say hi to Nancy, Linda and Grandma Smith for me!

I love you all!  Have Family Home Evening tonight!!

-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment