Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, April 14, 2014

Semana Santa

Hola Hola!

Spring break sounds so nice!!!! It's kinda like spring break here too. It's called Semana Santa, which is kinda like Easter week. But it just means that every one gets the week off from work and school, and because it's like the HOTTEST WEEK EVER!!!! everyone is at the beach. Or the river. Or anywhere but home to listen to the missionaries... haha Spring break sucks when you are serving a mission!

But in all reality we have been having quite a bit of success. Hermano Leonel is making a ton of progress!! He is reading the Book of Mormon, and is asking all the right questions. He is really an investigator of gold!!!! (...That sounds weird in English) But I'm really excited about him! Please keep praying for him. There seems to be a pretty direct relation between the people who get baptized in my areas, and the people I ask you to pray for.... haha wierd right??  My family has so much faith!!!! You guys rock! I would like to add Alejandra and Fernanda to that list.

Someone in General Conference, I don't remember who, said that we should share what we are studying in Preach My Gospel with our families! So, this week Elder Dalgo and I studied Lesson 5 which is given after baptism and it's about the laws and ordinances of the gospel! We studied the sacrament. It was an eye opening experience for me. I learned that we cannot be forgiven of our sins just through repentance alone. We could pray every day of our entire lives, begging and pleading for forgiveness with a broken heart and contrite spirit. We could change everything we were doing wrong and live righteously for fifty years. But if we never took the sacrament those sins would still be there. Only through taking the sacrament can those sins really be washed away. And as we take the sacrament worthily we eliminate a wall that we have constructed by our personal disobedience and sins, between us and the Holy Ghost, allowing us to be inspired and listen to his whisperings more easily and clearly! We'd better go to church every week! It's kinda important.

Sounds like you guys are having a good time back at home!!! That's awesome that you got to go to a Jazz game.  Even though they suck! And it's always fun to share hot springs with a drunk naked guy! haha Yes, I remember the blossoming trees on our street in April, pretty great time of year. And atta boy Chris Campbell!!! That's what I'm talking about!!

Well I hope you guys had a great week! Keep up the family scripture study, family prayers and the family home evenings! I think there is less than a month until we get to talk on Mother's Day!!! haha So I'll see you guys soon!!! I love you!!

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment