Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, April 21, 2014

One Hundred Degrees Every Day

Hola hola!

Happy Easter! Easter here is called Semana Santa, I actually kinda forgot that the American equivalent is Easter! It's the hottest week of the year, so everyone just goes to the beach or to a river to swim. The only real tradition is that there isn't a whole lot of work for the missionaries! Haha, just kidding, we kept ourselves busy. But it has been HOT! One hundred degrees or high nineties every day, with a ton of humidity too! But it's good.

Mom, I think you were inspired for sharing that article from the Ensign with me, because something stupid happened this week. The assistants came to our district meeting, so we had it on Wednesday instead of Thursday. And always after district meetings we go to eat as a zone at this place called Plaza Mira Flores. But this time the ZLs had to go do some work with the APs. So we went without them and we were eating just like normal, and then President Hernandez and his wife showed up to eat with some zone Leaders from a different zone. They accused us of being disobedient because we were outside of the area of our zone, and because it was Wednesday and we were supposed to be in our zone working... We explained why we were there, and that we didn't know it was a rule that we had to be in our zone because we always eat there, every week. So we apologized and left. Then today we saw those ZLs and they told us that President and his wife were SUPER mad at us, and because we are District Leaders they put our names on the "Black List" for our next president to see. I guess we were technically breaking a rule, but it was a rule that I didn't even know existed. But I just feel slapped in the face. Because I have been really obedient my whole mission, and I have worked really hard...but maybe this is just my opportunity to show to the Lord and myself that I can keep working hard and being obedient. Sorry if it seems like I'm complaining.

Whatever, crap happens sometimes I guess, right? I'm glad to hear that you are all doing good. I miss running! I can't wait to be able to go for a run again! Keep it up Dad, and go for the marathon!  Stefanie, write me an email!! Rachel, thank you for the letter!!! You rock! And Mom, please tell Grandma Smith that I get her letters, and that I love her very much! I just don't have a ton of time to write back!! But I'm working on it!

Please keep praying for Hermano Leonel! He is reading the Book of Mormon and really wants to know the truth about it.  It's amazing! Miracles happen and you guys are helping!  I love you all. Have a great week!!

-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment