Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, April 7, 2014

How Great Was Conference!

Hola Hola!!!

Mama!!! The lights went out in the colonia where we were writing!!!  We waited for a while and then went to another place to finish. I have been really inconsistent with my writing to you these past two weeks!!! I don't want you to lose faith in me!!! I will always write to you Mama!!!!

First things first, Elder Dalgo is an AWESOME missionary!!! I'm pretty obedient!  But he has already helped me change some of the bad habits that I didn't even recognize that I had. For example, our house was not messy, but super dusty! When he swept I was so surprised at how much dust there was, haha!  And a couple other little things that he has helped straighten out since he has been here. I think we are going to see some miracles this change!!

Secondly, how great was conference!!!!! Are you sleeping through the restoration?? I hope we can all answer that question NO! There were so many good suggestions and warnings given by the prophet, apostles, and other speakers. I really encourage you all to "Follow up" and search for common topics that you might be able to find. One thing that I found, at least three times was that we need to be ready and willing to stand alone! I think that we, as members, are going to start finding ourselves in situations in which we are going to have to really defend  what we believe. We gotta be ready for that!!!

In other news, we receive our money every fifteen days through a debit card. I am really dumb and lost my dang card!! I have been with out money for the past week and a half...I am dying!!!!!  Please say a prayer that my money will be transferred into my comp's account so I can stop stressing over money... that's the last thing I want to worry about on the misión. Money is stupid anyway! Law of Consecration all the way baby!!!!!

I would also like to ask you all to pray for two families. I think it was Elder Eyring who said that real happiness comes through making family bonds that last forever. I think that goes for the happiness that I will feel out here on the mission. I want to feel that level of true happiness that he spoke of! The families are the family of Hermano Leonel, and the family of Hermana Carolina y Norma. Please follow up on that!

I'm glad that everything is still going well with you guys! I pray for you to be safe and happy every day! God answers prayers!  And I am jealous it is your spring break and you get to sleep in!!! I don't even remember what sleeping in is anymore! It's like a fairytale dream! But I love you a lot!!!! You guys rock! 

To those members of the Priest Quorum back at home preparing for their missions, keep going!!! This is the best experience ever.

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment