Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, December 9, 2013

I Have Had My Eyes Opened!

Hola, Hola!

Oh my gosh, missions are so much harder when you have to make all the decisions every day! I am so grateful for Elder Glassett and everything that he did for me! I didn't realize how hard it is. I have had my eyes opened! But I think I'm adjusting to it pretty well.

We have been working super hard! We have knocked on a lot of doors in the past week! Most people here in Honduras don't like turning away people who are preaching the Palabra de Dios (word of God). So we get into most houses. And we are starting to have some success! We met this guy named Jose. He's about 17 and he is super concerned with things of God. He got in a car crash a little while back and has problems with his leg and hip now, so we shared with him the Plan of Salvacion and how he can have a perfect body again after this life.  He seemed to like that! He's ready to receive the gospel!

My Spanish has also gotten like 20 times better in just these short few days that I have spent with Elder Arteaga! He has been helping me a ton! Plus, I have felt help from heaven. There have been times when I can remember some little rule, or I will remember what I read in El Libro de Mormon, and times when I can speak really well! It is really cool. I think that this change is the time that I need to grow the most so far out of all my time in the mish! But that also means that it is going to be really hard! I have a quote on the back of my agenda that says, "Self Is created, not found." And that is what I have been working on for the past couple of weeks. 

Anyway this week I went on divisions with Elder Clawson. He is from Arizona and he is a stud! We had to go secure a paper for a wedding (because they can't do that over the internet here in Honduras so we have to go and physically pick up all of our papers...) But it was in this little village like three hours by bus into the mountains called Concepción de Maria. The bus ride sucked! But when we finally got there it was such a cool little pueblo!!



After that we drove back and went to this little place called Monte Carlo to do some interviews for baptisms. This little pueblo had NO light, NO running water, their houses were made out of sticks, mud, and cardboard. But they were so happy! I was so overwhelmed by how happy they were with how little they had! I will never forget that little place. 

Anyway, sounds like everything is going well!! Dad's team is winning! GO LEHI! Stefanie is a champ running the whole school play! That sucks that Real Salt Lake lost, but they had a great season.

I was able to watch the First Presidency Christmas devotional! And the whole time I was listening to the words that the prophet and apostles were saying I was thinking about how my family was watching the same thing at the same moment that I was! (: I was glad I was able to enjoy that with you even though we are far away. We watched it in a member's house and she cooked us a really nice meal and it was just a really good evening! When Elder Nelson talked about the Savior I felt the spirit so strongly! I love this time of year! 

Anyway, I love you so much! Hope you all have a great week! 

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment