Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy New Year

Hola Hola!

This is weird.... I feel like I just talked to you guys or something... haha oh yeah, that's right, I did! (: 

Christmas in the mission rocks! Talking to my family was honestly so refreshing! It was a little weird at first! I was like, "Whoa, they really do exist!" But that went away after about three seconds and I was just really grateful for the chance to talk to my family! haha You all looked so good and sounded really good too! What a great present for Christmas!

It sounds like you guys have been having a really busy week, and a really busy Christmas break! I remember the good old days with all of our entire family at Grandma's house for Christmas! I miss those days! I'm glad those traditions didn't die with me going on a mission. haha I was a little worried that all you would be able to talk about was how much you missed me! (; But I guess that you guys were able to break through the depression and enjoy your time together!

So I got a package today! That box you sent with the family from Utah found its way to me clear down here in Honduras!  The son had served in a couple of areas down here in Choluteca, he and his parents were visiting for Christmas and were here today. So we took a picture together with the package that they carried all the way to Honduras just for me! haha


The day after Christmas I saw the craziest car crash ever! Elder Arteaga and I were walking, about to cross this street, when a truck and a taxi hit each other. They just kinda scraped each other, and it wasn't too bad at first. But the truck over-corrected trying to regain control and ended up rolling like three times right there in front of us! It was like an action movie! So we ran over to the truck thinking for sure this guy was dead. But he was just fine! A little shaken up obviously, bumps and bruises, but no broken bones or anything! It probably didn't seem like it to him, but I think it was a miracle! That guy should be dead, but he is still alive and with his family today! 

Well I love you all! I hope you have a great new year and that we can all work together to make it the best year this world has ever seen!!

Love Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment