Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, December 23, 2013

Feliz Navidad!

Hola Hola!!!

Feliz Navidad! I can't believe that it's already Christmas! There are a couple of big milestones you hit while you're serving a mission, and apparently your first Christmas is one of them! So tomorrow is Christmas here in Honduras. People celebrate Christmas on the 24th, haha, so today is kinda like Christmas Eve! And then the next day is real Christmas and I get to talk with my family!!!! I'm pretty excited for that! The bishop is letting us use the church's wifi, and we are borrowing a couple of computers from some members too! It's going to be great! I can't wait to hear from all of you!

Sounds like things are going really well for all of you!  Congratulations Stef on your new calling!!! Work hard and try to magnify your calling! And Dad with the Lehi basketball team haha that's sweet! Keep up the good work! Mom with your chime choir! That was always the best sounding musical piece of any program! And that's awesome that you guys got to see Margaret and her family! Tell them I say hi when you see them, ok!

This week is a little weird! A lot of the members are out of town, visiting family and stuff. But pretty much everyone else has invited us over to eat tamales and tarretas which are kinda like french toast! Oh my gosh everything is so rico!!! haha Christmas down here is something different though. IT IS SO HOT!!!  It just keeps getting hotter and hotter every day, there have been some winds that have been helping a little, but its insane!

Anyway, I just want to remind you all that there is a deeper meaning to this time of year than just the presents and the trees and the snow and the candy. I think it is kind of amazing that the whole world pretty much has come together in creating the best holiday in the world, in memory of the birth of our Savior! At times the true meaning gets lost, but that's really what it is! People are more open to the spirit right now, and everyone is just happier! I love it! Try to find an opportunity to share the gospel with someone through this door that is automatically opened by this time of year! (: 

Love you a lot! Talk to you soon!! (:

-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment