Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

She Passed Her Test

Hola Hola! 

Well, it's been an interesting week, I think for you at home much more than for me here in the mission. Honestly, it was a pretty good week for us out here. The big day was Friday so we'll focus on that day. 

It started early with a last minute final check and clean of our apartment. Every time we have interviews with President we run the risk of him coming to inspect our house. Now we have another set of older missionaries here as well, the Oldroids. And Elder Oldroid's main responsibility is taking care of the missionary houses. And thus the shower pictures from a few weeks ago, haha.

After a little cleaning we went to the church and started the interviews. President always has us and the Assistants take turns teaching lessons while he is interviewing everyone. Elder Pearson and I had prepared a couple of really good lessons! We invited some members to come so we could have actual practices, we prepared videos, we had called people beforehand to ponder certain topics and then asked them to share about that topic. And we were successful in inviting the spirit to help us teach, which is the most important part. It went really well for us.


After President had finished with everyone besides us we had lunch and he shared a short message with us. He always has great insights. He shared stories about his mission, miracles that he saw and helped bring to pass, and ideas that we could use. He finished, we closed the meeting and everyone else left to work. Elder Pearson had his interview, leaving me for last. 

He started by telling me that my service has been accepted by the Lord, and that I had done a much better job than even I knew or felt I had done. He said that the Lord was very happy and proud of me for serving a mission. He asked me about the zone and how things were going in our area and companionship. Then he read the message Mom had sent to him and shared with me that Grandma Smith had passed away. It wasn't really a shock, but I wasn't expecting it either. He shared some very comforting words and counsel and gave me a big hug. The spirit was there comforting us both. 

After that Hermana Bowler took me aside and also offered some comfort and support. She is so great! She told me that If I needed anything that I could call her and talk. 

Through it all I was mostly just worried about Dad. I know this must be really hard for him. But she made it! She passed her test! God decided it was time to take her to paradise.  I am so proud of her, and of Grandpa. They have left us a great example of enduring to the end. I hope to follow their example. 

After that we went to work. There are still people to find and teach out here! I love my calling and I'm going to magnify it until they release me. 

I love you all and I'm praying for you.

-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment