Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, January 19, 2015

The Cherry on Top

Hola Hola!

Dang!  I have been down here for a long time haven't I! I received an email today from an hermana missionary who was with me in the MTC, It was her email saying goodbye! SHE'S DONE!!!! I can't even believe that. The hermanas who started with me are now home. I have officially finished my sister mission, and now I can finally start on my man mission! 

This week was a good one! Full of work, excitement, let downs, happiness and it ended with a little cherry on top! Elder Porter and I have been searching for inactive members lately, because there are a million of them, and that's one of the best ways to get new investigators. So we printed off a list of all the members of our ward. It is 27 pages long! There are over a thousand names on there. Which is great, but not when your attendance is right around a hundred most Sundays. So we have been spending our days playing "Find-the-Inactives"! Jaja it's kinda fun and we have actually seen a lot of success doing it! 

On Saturday we spent all day just committing people to come to church. We were sure that we were going to have about twenty investigators at church, and five or six inactive families too! But when Sunday rolled around we only had five investigators.... and only one family...but it's better than nothing, right?? We have a lot of work to do this week. Then we got the opportunity to speak in church. Elder Porter spoke on repentance, and I spoke on receiving forgiveness of our sins, which are different. But together it went very well! I really like speaking in front of people. 

And for our cherry on top we went to the beach again for P-day today! I love the beach! Its beautiful. We played beach volleyball, and hung out under the canopy. It was great! I'll attach some fotos! 



Well I love you all! I invite you all to repent! Which really just means change what you are doing and come unto Christ a little bit more this week through your prayers, your scripture study, or leaving behind a sin. It will make taking the sacrament that much more special! 

-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment