Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, January 5, 2015

New Year's Eve

Hola Hola!

I hope you all had a great New Year's Eve! It was crazy here! There were so many fireworks and bombs and parties and everything going on outside! Elder Porter and I went outside at midnight and just watched and listened to all the craziness taking place. I'm sorry USA, but Central America knows how to throw a bigger party than you do! I can't believe it's already 2015! My full year as a missionary is now behind me! I will never have this opportunity again by myself. It has been great and I'm sad to see it go. Also, I will turn 20 tomorrow! When did I get so old?

We had a pretty slow week, to be honest. Everyone is still on vacation. Things should finally get back to normal this week! But despite little teaching, and a lot of drunk people in the streets, we had a pretty cool week. Today we went to the Peña again--that giant cliff/mountain that I had gone to a while back! It was cool, great hike, but when we got to the top there was more wind then I have ever felt in my life! It was sooo crazy! But it was still a blast! Elder Porter, Gray and I wore Hawaiian shirts, jaja.

We also started a tradition. Every Friday night is going to be weiner night, jaja!  We bought hot dogs and roasted them over a fire in our back yard. It was super good! We also bought marshmallows and chocolate and for the first time in his life, Elder Flores had s'mores! It was super fun and I think we are going to make it a tradition now. 






Then on Sunday we had a visit from a member of the Seventy, Elder Ocampos. He is the second councilor in the Area Presidency. He came to announce that our stake is going to be divided! That was super exciting, it means we are doing our job as missionaries! It also helped motivate all the members to work just a little harder. I was super excited about it!

That is pretty much all my news for today. It was a good week, and an even better year. I hope this next year will be even better! 

I love you all! Have a great week!

-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment