Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, January 26, 2015

Just Thank You

Hola Hola!!

MOM! You sold the van! You look cute in your new little car! Jaja, I'm going to miss the van a whole lot! That was my girl getting machine! But all good things run their course! Que le vaya bien!

I'm glad you're still fulfilling your calling as primary president, Mom! Jaja, I think I just found my new goal, beat my mom in baptisms this year! Jaja, I'm going to help 17 more people become converted before the end of my mission!! 

This week was cambios! My companion and I stayed the same, I'm still here with Elder Porter, which is fine by me! We are good friends! Almost once a day we take a little break and have a "I bet I can hit that tree before you" contest and throw rocks at trees! And today we buzzed our heads! My hair is super short! I'll send you a picture!


Our zone had quite a few changes, but they are great changes! I love everyone in our zone and I really think we are going to have a lot of success this change! 

I was laying awake in my bed last night thinking about everything that I have lived in my life. The great family I have, The Gospel and all the blessings that it has brought me, all my great friends. The experiences I had with sports and school. Living in a country that is so safe, so comfortable, so full of opportunity and dreams. My amazing mission, all the great experiences that I have passed through here in this beautiful country. I couldn't hold back the tears of gratitude. I went outside and knelt down to pray but all I could say was "Thank you!" I really am so grateful for everything He has given me. I will never be able to express or repay Him, or you guys Mom and Dad, Rachel and Stefanie, and everyone else who has played a big part. Just thank you. 

I hope you all have a great week! I'll talk to you next week! 

Love, Elder Smith

We bought scripture cases made out of boa constrictor skin! The snakes are huge down here!

And this little guy is the son of an investigator of ours, his name is Derek. He is super cool! 

No comments:

Post a Comment