Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, November 17, 2014

It's Hot Down Here

Hola Hola! 

It's hot down here. SOOOO HOT! Jaja, I hear you all talk about the cold and snow and it seems like a fairy tale. Walking outside and feeling cold? What is that??? That doesn't really exist. And it's just going to get hotter down here too. Please enjoy the cold. You don't realize what you have! 

Elder Yac and I worked pretty hard this week! We knocked on so many doors. Talked with so many people, visited so many less active people! It was a good week. But with the good always comes the bad. Everyone in my zone is super sick! They all have dengue. Three compañerismos aren't even allowed to leave the house right now. And the worst part of it all is that Elder Yac woke up with some of the symptoms that always come before dengue...I'm worried. 

The worst part of this week though happened last night... Elder Moore, one of my best friends down here in the mission, and the only person in the mission who I had met before the mission, got changed... he is no longer in my ward or zone. He is now the new secretary to the president. Dang it! Jaja, I mean its going to be super good for him! He's going to learn a whole lot and grow into a better person... but I'm going to miss him like crazy.

We had a couple people come to church this week! Will you please pray for Rupert this week? He loved church and said he was going to come back next week. But the best part is that he is actually married to his wife! They are clearly some of the chosen children of God! :)

Well, that's really all for this week, not a lot of news! I'm glad you had a good experience with the family home evening I suggested last week! I have grown to really love the hymns in my time out here, so I wanted to share that a little bit with my family! I'm glad you liked it!

I hope you have a good week! You're all in my prayers! 

-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment