Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, September 8, 2014

A Refining Fire

Hola Hola!

First and foremost, congrats to my cousin Mark, or should I say, Elder Kindred!! Atta boy! I'm super proud of him for starting the mission! Our family is awesome. I can't wait for the next like 20 years to be hearing about all the missionary experiences of all my cousins. If both sides of our family all just moved to the same place in the middle of nowhere we could probably start our own ward! Jaja, good job Mark!

This week we decided to go to the other part of our area. So we work in the mountains. We have two WHOLE MOUNTAINS as our area. One is called La Mololoa, it sounds kinda Hawaiian! And the other is Agua Blanca. We had been working almost exclusively in La Mololoa before this week, because there are strong members there and it's not as hard to get there. But this week we decided to check out the other side of the canyon! So we have only been visiting our positive investigators in the Mololoa, and contacting todo el mundo in Agua Blanca! It has been kind of amazing. We found a lady whose brother is named Elder Smith!! Those are his first and second names! Not a member of the church. And her other brother's name is Hyrum. That just proves to me that angels really are preparing the hearts of the people to receive this message! (Alma 13:24) And for the very first time in my mission, we knocked on a door and a girl came out and I really felt like I knew her from before. I know that wasn't the first time I had talked to her.

We also had quite a few investigators in church! Remember Franklin and Jahaida, who I asked you to pray for? They came! They are so great! We have a ton of faith in them! Please keep praying for them!

This week was also Consejo de Lideres! It was a great experience to go and listen to Presidente, the Assistants, and to watch and see how the mission is changing! The best part was that every single one of the Elders that I came with was there! We took an awesome picture of us all together. 


The mission is like a refining fire. You get tried every day. Plunged into the flaming coals. Heated up to the point of melting, and then pulled out and plunged into freezing cold water. But the Lord is the one shaping us, changing us, picking out our imperfections, smoothing over our weaknesses, destroying our pride, strengthening our faith,  forming a masterpiece. It hurts, but I can feel his love for me in every moment. I can't wait to see the end result.

-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment