Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, May 19, 2014

Letter To My Little Sister

Hola Chica!

Stefanie! Thanks for writing me a letter...by command of Mom! It really warms my heart, haha. It was pretty cool talking to you on Mother's Day too!

Are you serious!! Lehi lost in the first round? Dang it...so much for our dynasty.  If I had been there we would have won, haha!  
 
Today we actually got to play soccer!!! It was awesome, we always rent a little field to play on, and we played for two hours. And then we were getting ready to leave, and a bunch of the best players got a super good team together and said, "Hey, why don't you guys play against us one more time, a game to ten goals and whoever loses has to pay for the field." So some guys got on the field and asked me to change back into soccer clothes and play with them. So I did, but our team was crappy except for me and one other kid so the other team was expecting to kill us! But I played SOOOO GOOD, haha, I scored six goals and we ended up winning ten to six!!! It was awesome!!!! But then the other team started whining about having to pay for the field so we ended up splitting the cost anyway. But it was legit!

And that's real cool that Trevor got engaged. Good for him! But poor Maggie, she's going to miss the wedding! I guess things don't always work out as well as they did for us with Rachel and George's wedding. But I'm super excited and happy for him. I'm sure she's an awesome girl because Trevor is pretty much the coolest guy I have ever met! Haha, maybe I'll meet her someday!

Ana Rosa, the lady who I had asked you guys to pray for, got baptized this Saturday! I am so happy about this one, she is great! I am super sure that she is going to stay in the church her whole life. We had to fight for her a little bit, because the first time we tried to talk to her she hid from us! Haha, but with time she opened up. We really had some of the most spiritual experiences and lessons of my misión with her. I'm super happy about it! (:

This week was also "La Semana De La Familia" or Family Week. we had a ton of activities at the church: a talent show, workshops, talks, all focused on the family.  It was awesome! We saw a ton of miracles getting people to come! We were running late and thinking about not going because it wouldn't be worth it and then we had a private bus, which usually costs like 1000 limps to rent just stop on the side of the road and give us a free ride right to the church, which was way out of the way! It was such a blessing. God is aware of what we need. It was crazy. I'm pretty sure that happened because we're doing "Power Hour" again! 5:00-6:00 p.m. every day!!!  Please help us out with that, it works!!!! Just start with a prayer and pray for an added measure of the spirit for that hour in particular!

Well Stef, I love you! You rock! Don't go to prom next year! Go to school. and read the Book of Mormon!!! (:

Love, 
Your Big Brother,

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment