Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, March 17, 2014

Promised Land

Hola Hola!

It was soccer day today!!!!! I love soccer! It felt so good to play!!! I miss soccer so much. I told you this before Mom, but I will know who my wife should be when I would rather spend time with her than play soccer! haha That's a tall order to fill, ladies. You are going to have to be pretty awesome.

We had Stake Conference this week. Which means that we lost all of Saturday's work because we had to go to conference. But it's OK, because then on Sunday we had a special church broadcast for all of Central America! Two apostles spoke, Elder Richard G. Scott and Dallin H. Oaks! It was really awesome. Elder Oaks spoke of four ways to strengthen the family:

     1) prayer: personal and family
     2) scripture study: personal and family
     3) family home evening, and 
     4) making sure everyone gets a good education.

Elder Scott Spoke about how Central America is part of the Promised Land, and how blessed we all are to be here in this part of the world! He spoke of the blessings of tithing and fast offerings. It was really good and powerful. Plus, Elder Scott speaks really good Spanish!!! I was glad we had a couple investigators there to listen to two of the apostles of the Lord speak.

I had divisions this week with Elder Torres, one of our Zone Leaders. He's a really good guy and a good missionary! When we got back to the house that night we had a little bit of a heart to heart talk. We started with a prayer and he told me some of the attributes I have that he has noticed. He said that I am really obedient, I try to follow all the rules. That I am very observant, and like to see and take in everything that happens before I start to speak, and that I am really patient in criticizing anyone. I think he is right about all of those things. But I was thinking about the me before the mission, and I can see pretty clearly some of the changes that I have gone through! I'm definitely not the same person I was when I left! But I like all the changes that I can see. The Lord is helping me change into the person I need to be!

MARCH MADNESS, haha. I can't believe it's starting this week! You guys are all just lucky that I'm here in the mission or else I would win all of the bracket tournaments! haha And I can't believe that the high school soccer season is already starting!! GO LEHI!!! Thanks for the sports update, Dad! And Stefanie, good luck out there in California! You and your squad are going to win nationals for sure!

I love you guys and I'm glad you are doing so well!!! Keep up the good work! The church is true. I dare you all to invite someone to church this week!

~Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment