Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The Gift of Tongues is True!

¡Hola, Hola! 
 
     Guess what, remember that time that Elder Anderson was being a big wimp about his ankle? Well it turns out he actually broke his foot!!! He has an interview with Presidente Pratt, (the CCM president) to see if he has to go home for a couple weeks before he heads to his mission.  But I mean he has been playing soccer with us, and running around for 3 weeks...? 

     This has been a week full of good and bad things. I'll finish the bad, because I already kinda started it up there. ^^^^ I lost my scriptures!!! I had my study journal, my patriarchal blessing and my favorite highlighter in there too! Every day I go to the lost and found and ask "¿mis escripturas otra ves?" which is Spanish for, "My scriptures one more time?" But the lady always tells me "no." which is Spanish for "no." But I still have faith that they will turn up! 

    Ok, that's all the bad stuff. Here's some of the good. We got a new district, and one of our jobs as zone leaders is to welcome the new districts, and have an interview with their district leader. So we go in there and Elder Caldwell is sitting there! How crazy is that! I have known that kid since 1st grade, and now we are in the same zone on our missions!!! I love it. We have also made some really good Latino friends! We sit by them every day at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and we play soccer with them every day too! I love those guys. We went to the temple with them today, which is my other good news! We got to go to the temple again. The temple is always a good experience. 

     We had to say goodbye to all of our Casa Dos roommates this week. I didn't put that in the good or bad news section, because it's kinda both. It's sad because I might not ever see them again, but it's good because I know they are all going to be such great missionaries! But we also got a bunch of new guys who seem pretty cool. But they don't speak any Spanish at all!!! haha I bet that's exactly how we were 5 weeks ago. Which is great to see how much progress we have made. El don del lenguas es verdad! 

     Well I don't have a whole lot of time today, but I love you all! Next time you get a letter from me it will be from Honduras!!! 
 
Love,
Elder Smith

These are some of the kids we play soccer with every day!

These are our friends, and a picture of the Mexico flag at the temple!


No comments:

Post a Comment