Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Five Things We Need to Pray About

¡Hola Hola!

     I can't believe that cross country started without me!! That's crazy! I honestly miss training SOOOO much! Is Stefanie running for Lehi??? I miss my team! If any of you are reading this, work hard! it goes by way too fast, and then before you know it you are on a mission, thinking about how much you loved it and how much you learned and grew from all the hard work and dedication you put into it! 

     Sounds like there is a lot of excitement in our ward!! Bishop Hancock will do a great job! And Brother Moore and Meredith are great guys. You are in good hands! But Bishop Erb and Brother Crockett will definitely be missed. 

    This is my second to last P-day before I leave for Honduras! I can't believe how fast the time here has gone! I have changed a lot while I have been here, for the better. I really feel like the Lord is molding me into the person I need to be to become an effective missionary. I have never had such strong prayers in my life. This week when you guys pray, I want you to picture God sitting right next to you on your bed listening to you.  Because He is.  Really talk to him, and give him time to answer you.  Because he will. We had a member of the Quorum of the Seventy come and talk to us this week, Elder Johnson who is the Area President over México.  He talked to us about five things that we need to pray about, so we can know for ourselves that this Gospel is true. They are:  1) Do you really exist? 2) Do you really have a body? 3) Are you really my father? 4) Do you really know who I am? and 5) Do you really love me? 
.
     I know these may seem like simple truths, but there are people out there who don't know. I have always known these things, and I'm sure a lot of you feel the same way as I do.  But if you pray about these things, and work hard to receive the answer, because it doesn't always come right away, you will receive an answer to each one of them. It will change the way you think about the church. It will be something that you can always look back on when you are having a hard time. You will always be able to remember the peace you felt in your heart when you received your answer. It will bless your life for years to come.
.
     Nuestros Mensaje es verdad. Mediante fe, en Jesucristo nada es imposible. Si usted tiene preguntas, pedir Dios por medio de oracion. Yo se que Dios es amoroso y que Dios escucharé a nuestros oraciones! (Translation:  Our message is true.  Through faith in Jesus Christ nothing is impossible.  If you have questions, ask God through prayer.  I know that God is loving and that He will listen to our prayers!) 
.
From Casa Dos, in the middle of Mexico City, 
-Elder Smith

 District 11-C with the Branch President and his wife, Presidente and Sister Jewell.

Stuck in the elevator...


This one is from the plane! This is Mexico City!

No comments:

Post a Comment