Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission. July 2013-July 2015

Called to Serve in the Honduras, Tegucigalpa mission.  July 2013-July 2015
"I love my mission! I am so grateful to be here!." ~Elder Smith

Monday, January 13, 2014

Hour of Power

Hola Hola!

So the coolest thing ever happened to me on my birthday. My cocinera (cook lady) had a little party for me, and it was really nice. We had cake and baleadas, and then everyone went around in a circle and gave me some advice or something like that. When we got to the abuelita (grandmother) she asked if she could give me a traditional Honduran mother's blessing! It was strangely similar to a real blessing...you decide if that is a coincidence or not. But it was such a great honor for her to do that for me and I really felt like a part of their family in that moment! It was awesome!


This week we had changes!!! But Elder Arteaga and I are still comps. And still in Limon B. But Elder Clawson who was one of my good buddies and our ZL got changed. Missions are the weirdest things ever! I was talking to Elder Clawson as he was packing his stuff before he left and it was such a bittersweet moment. We have been in the same zone for my whole mission and now he's just gone!  That's how missions are. You come into a place, knowing casi nobody. You make great friends, and then you get a phone call one day and they just leave. I might never see him again. This really is a weird phase of life. 

But the next day Elder Vellver came, he is from Mexico and he has already become a great friend of mine. All of this is part of mission life! I love it! We are all going through this crazy time together, helping other people come to Christ, changing lives and then trusting in the Lord that He will help them do it on their own after we leave. 

We had district meeting last week, and we started doing this thing called "Hour Of Power".  Every day at 5:00 each companionship says a prayer. We are all in our separate areas but we come together and lend each other our faith through this prayer. The idea is that a combined, sincere effort will bring more blessings and more help from our Heavenly Father to our investigators. I would like to invite everyone who reads this to join us in doing this! But only if you are going to do it with real faith! If you aren't going to exert yourself with your heart and mind through prayer for this hour then please do not participate because you could hinder the effectiveness our Hour of Power. But if you are willing to put in one hour of focusing on the Lord, asking for him to bless us, our investigators, or people who you would like to share the gospel with then please join in! The more people we have exerting faith in this moment, the more miracles we are going to see! 

I'm glad everything is going so well back at home! Mom, keep tearing it up primary style! Good work out on the court, Dad! Stefanie you rock, keep practicing your tumbling, don't get comfortable with where you are. Rachel and George, way to be married! Keep working hard on that! 

I love you all!

Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment